• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just wondering how many INGOers spend much time barefoot?

I run my thermostat low in the winter, so foot covering is necessary. This time of year though, sometimes I go for days and days to the point of forgetting the last time I wore shoes.

I don't drive much without shoes, but thought it might be interesting to test how different it might be?

I just drove (manual transmission) nearby to make a trade with an INGOer and dropped off my recycling barefoot. I threw some sandals in the car, in case of emergency. Driving was no big deal, however it was different than with shoes.

Wonder if others go shoeless much?

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    First thing that goes when I get home, sometimes before I leave work. I prefer to drive barefoot, better control and sensitivity on the pedals.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I am diabetic one of the first things the doctor told me no more bare foot. Stub your toe bad enough you could lose it. Blood circulation is restricted. At the very least flip flops.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I spend as much time as possible w/out shoes/socks. Indoors at home is almost always barefoot--outside is another story. If you've ever stepped on a young thistle plant barefoot, you'll get a really quick impression of why that's NOT a good idea--ask me how I might know that one! As I'm lazy enough to have a riding mower, I often mow while barefoot, just because all the crud that ends up in shoes annoys me. Used to have an old '72 Ford truck that got me out of the habit of driving barefoot though--anything resembling a medium-long trip and the firewall/floorboard area got uncomfortably hot without shoes. Now I only do the barefoot thing to move my vehicle in/out of the garage.

Oh, and I'm diabetic too (thankfully under control), and my Doc is continually amazed at how sensitive my feet still are even after being barefoot so much. I guess that's a good thing. The only bad thing is wrapping toes around a chair/table leg the wrong way... Broken a couple toes doing that, and it's not one of those things I'm looking forward to ever doing again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to go barefoot all the time, but not so much anymore. At one point, the callouses on the bottoms of my feet were thick enough that I could literally put out a cigarette on them without feeling it. Now, I've usually got sandals on in the summer, but by about this time of the afternoon, I usually lose those. In the winter I've always got shoes on just in case I need to go outside for some reason.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I grew up walking barefoot. As mentioned above, I have fairly lining of callouses that are like that of a thin-souled shoe. That is why I prefer slip on shoes and boots that are easily removed. I also like to drive barefoot. Just my backwoods coming out, I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am a flip-flop sandals kind of guy from the moment it is warm enough to wear them. Bare foot around the house most all the time even winter. We heat with wood so it is pretty toasty. The deck is a barefoot thing and as the yard is covered 80% with outdoor turf carpet barefoot there as well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am tender footed also. It takes some time every year to adapt to being barefoot around my property. I have 35 yards of gravel between my house and shop door. There are times in the past where I walked the long way around to not have to struggle through that gravel.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have broken both pinky toes and one next-to-pinky toe multiple times from running around barefoot when I was younger. Never walk in the house now without at least flip flops or slippers. Wouldn't dream of going outside barefoot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am diabetic one of the first things the doctor told me no more bare foot. Stub your toe bad enough you could lose it. Blood circulation is restricted. At the very least flip flops.

Same general situation here, just not as dire. Podiatrist sez I gotta keep the arches supported and heels cushioned else I will have prolonged foot pain. (Plantar Fasciitis) So only barefoot in bed or the water. My feets are happiest in boots.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    True dat. Another reason I always have something on my feet. I also have psoriasis on the soles of my feet and under my toes, so I have to keep the feet as clean as possible to keep infection away.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Absolutely hate wearing shoes. Drive barefoot all the time.

At my last job we had a very lack dress code. I went literally 1 month with never putting shoes on my feet.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm barefoot at home. Sometimes if the pavement is hot, I'll wear my flipflops to get the mail or take out the trash, but I often do both in bare feet in the winter, even if snow is on the ground and I'm wearing a jacket.

Top Bottom