• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    This is a 1980 (pre-83) Coleman.
    There's an adapter available to hook up to a five gallon tank.
    But doesn't it also take a regulator to step down the pressure to match what the little throw away Coleman bottles contain? 20PSI?

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    If the stoves uses the small green (one pound) canisters, it likely will work with the adapter hose and typical twenty pound propane cylinders. Confirm this on Coleman's website to be sure.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Obviously I'm not sure yet about the camp stoves of yester year.
    Looked at the info could find on line. Talking to Coleman the other day, the phone person was a phone person somewhere.
    The references to low pressure and high pressure products (various Coleman related blog sources) has had me in a quandary.
    Thanks for your inputs.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Obviously I'm not sure yet about the camp stoves of yester year.
    Looked at the info could find on line. Talking to Coleman the other day, the phone person was a phone person somewhere.
    The references to low pressure and high pressure products (various Coleman related blog sources) has had me in a quandary.
    Thanks for your inputs.

Vapor pressure... unless there is a difference in temperature or external source of compression, liquid propane is the same pressure regardless of container size. Where the difference lies is in the regulator on the stove or other appliance.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't know of it applies or not, but Mr Heater makes a filter that fits between their units and the big tank adapter line. They have had issues with junk that exists from using big tanks that does not in the small ones. The junk stops up their ceramic heaters.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Don't know of it applies or not, but Mr Heater makes a filter that fits between their units and the big tank adapter line. They have had issues with junk that exists from using big tanks that does not in the small ones. The junk stops up their ceramic heaters.

They do make a filter for this issue. They do recomend replacing it from time to time but I 've been using the same filter for about 7 years now.

Top Bottom