• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Here is something to ponder for S & Giggles.

You have an opportunity to be sent to a Pre or post Civil War time frame.

You have 1 day to prepare.

It's a one way trip.

You cannot physically take any modern era tools or Tech with you.

Will you go and what do you do and take to prepare for your new life.

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    Make sure my vaccines are up to date.

No synthetic fibers, plastics, or zippers allowed, right? I’d have to find me some clothes and shoes to fill a cotton pillowcase...no suitcase.

Knife with natural handle. Maybe some black powder and related gear.

Get lasic done before I go.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Hard pass.

The best time in history to live is right now. The next best is right before now. The further back you go, the worse everything gets.

Seriously, I think that I live a better life now than Cornelius Vanderbilt did during the Reconstruction period.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ante and postbellum.
    Did bleaching cream exist in the 1840s-1860s? If not, cyanide capsules; taken upon arrival.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    It's fun to think of going back to recent history (our lifetime) and play market trends, sports betting, seeing loved ones, NOT making that HUGE mistake again... Like others have said though, ANY understanding of healthcare or medicine makes you want to avoid living in the past entirely!
    Scientists have brainstormed this and determined that the big issue would be pathogens. Bacteria, viruses, everything changes and evolves over time (decades) so if we went back we are bringing bugs that they have no immunity to and would likely wipe out MANY people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's fun to think of going back to recent history (our lifetime) and play market trends, sports betting, seeing loved ones, NOT making that HUGE mistake again... Like others have said though, ANY understanding of healthcare or medicine makes you want to avoid living in the past entirely!
    Scientists have brainstormed this and determined that the big issue would be pathogens. Bacteria, viruses, everything changes and evolves over time (decades) so if we went back we are bringing bugs that they have no immunity to and would likely wipe out MANY people.

Typhoid Mary.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Not a problem. Been doing Civil War reenactment for years, used to the tech. Might bring my edible and medicinal plants field guide along, plus all my silver (for both financial and oligodynamic purposes). And the Spencer. And a pack horse - old stuff is heavy.

Top Bottom