• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a Mr Heater Big Buddy and adapter hose and filter for big LP tanks. Half a dozen tanks to refill.

Also 10 gallons of K1 and a couple of heaters.

A small genny to run the gas furnace, if necessary.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Where does one get the adapter hose Ace doesn't have it or Home Depot.
    Amazon. That is where I found mine.

Pick up a CO sensor while you are at it. EDIT Battery powered since you cant plug it in during an outage. (dying due to carbon monoxide poisoning would be bad)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have a propane 40K BTU heater with a battery powered blower on it. And a gas log fireplace that does not require power.

Also have 3 Catalytic propane camping heaters that will do a bedroom pretty well.

But the real deal is a Genny. And a way too run the furnace. If the gas supply is still available.

And wood. We have that option as well.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have electrical panel set up so I can run off a generator if necessary. It's not the whole house systems, but in 5 min I can get power going again. I have a gas furnace but I need electricity to run the blower.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Money, just like with everyone else is tight. But what if a solar flare or emp happens, will electric stuff snd gen set be rendered useless?

Brother if you are that close to the event you will not care and no, only things directly connected to the grid stand any real chance of getting hurt. There is a great sticky on this in the SHTF sub-forum.
    I get that funds are tight. Been there. Many times. We started with a unit just big enough to run a few lights and the furnace or a few lights and the refrigerator.

Here.....
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/survival-disaster-preparedness/58047-emp-projects.html

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    MwXeNE7.jpg

I’ve been using a Mr. Big Buddy heater in my garage and front porch for about 10 years now. I keep about a dozen 25 pound gas grill tanks on hand.

MwXeNE7.jpg

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    What do you avg time wise on the propane bottles.
    Just shy of 24 hours on high and just over 4 days straight on low with the grill tanks. You can run two grill tanks at once for long change over times. Make sure you use good quality hoses with filters if you are using grill tanks. Tearing it apart to get the oil out of the line when you need it sucks especially in the cold weather.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just shy of 24 hours on high and just over 4 days straight on low with the grill tanks. You can run two grill tanks at once for long change over times. Make sure you use good quality hoses with filters if you are using grill tanks. Tearing it apart to get the oil out of the line when you need it sucks especially in the cold weather.

I have not ran our unit long time spans just mostly test fires to put some heat in it. I did not realize oil would/could be an issue.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have not ran our unit long time spans just mostly test fires to put some heat in it. I did not realize oil would/could be an issue.
    Unfortunately I learned the hard way when I first got mine. Theirs quit a few you tube videos on that issue and they show you how to clean it out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I first learned about Mr. Buddy heaters, I knew I needed a few and some propane tanks. I failed to act!

Top Bottom