• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    Looking for recommendations on rechargeable 123 batteries and chargers. Does anyone have any experience with these and white brands are the best if you have?

Any help will be appreciated I have very little experience with 123 rechargeables and just looking for information.
    Thanks
    100X

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Looking for recommendations on rechargeable 123 batteries and chargers. Does anyone have any experience with these and white brands are the best if you have?

Any help will be appreciated I have very little experience with 123 rechargeables and just looking for information.
    Thanks
    100X

What are they?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I think he is talking about the rechargeable version of the CR 123a batteries that are are commonly used in tactical flashlights, but I'm guessing.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I use them in one cell flashlights. Plenty bright if you watch the output/ lumens when you buy. The cheap red ones off eBay held up better than from local store bought. DON'T drain them down all the way. I think it lessens their capacity. I take them out of the charger after charging too as my charger seems to drain them if unplugged.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I dont know if they're the best but I use Nitecore chargers and batteries. The 18350 battery is equal to cr123a battery I also have a couple that say keepower they work good too. Most of the batteries have circuit protection built in so you dont have to worry about over draining or overcharging them.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I've been using 18650 for several years now. Completely ditching the hard to find and expensive cr123.

Things to be aware of are some of the 18650 have flat ends and some have a nipple on one end. Your light will determine what you need.

The Streamlight brand has some with a charge port directly in the battery that works with a cell phone charger. Super convenient! The others I have are from L.A. police gear. Has their own USB charger.

Both have worked great. I charge them quarterly or as needed after some use.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Just be aware that RCR123s are bigger around and will not work in Surefire stock bodies unless the tube is bored out or switched with aftermarket.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Correct I would research the lights you own and see if they will accept the rechargeable. I dumped my surefire and went with some other brands.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The 3 main brands I prefer are Ultrafire, Acebeam and iocel which are all protected type rechargeables. Beware of unprotected cells as in the past there were thermal issues.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I have had good luck with the nitcore charger and so far just olight cr123r and a handful of different brands of 18650. No problems with any of them yet. I forget the model number but it will do AAA, as, 123, 18650 and a few other batteries which covers the spectrum of anything I will use

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Top Bottom