• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive got back, neck, and shoulder issues thanks to a wild youth. (and poor genetics) So sleeping on the ground to camp, even with a closed cell pad is a no go for me. My kids are now getting to the age they want to try tent camping. So its time to start figuring out how dad can survive.

I tried a cheap air mattress in the past. Worked great once, the next time it sprung a leak and I was miserable for most of the night.

So I tried a self inflating mattress and it worked GREAT! I did the "buy once, cry once." and bought a decent one from Gander. A 3" thick one for about $130 and it worked great the two times I used it. 2 years later I went to air it up and it wouldnt hold air; the body around the valve cracked wide open /and separated from the valve, ruining it. (stored inside in a closet, so wasnt a storage issue) So after that, anything that needs to hold air is a no go for me. Been burned too many times.

So I have started looking at cots because they are less likely to break. I'm finding quite a few choices. I dont want a standard, cheap cot, because its going to be in a tent, so I need it to be low and narrow so it doesnt take up too much room. Standard cots are tall and built for even big boys, so many are over a foot tall and nearly 3' wide. I'm Looking for something around 2' wide.

Anyone have any suggestions they have used that work well? This style is the type I'm looking for. Short and narrow. I'm only 5'10 so I dont need anything really long.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8MT9J...olid=3U41SQX8Y5V3T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Suggestions?

Top Bottom