• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Reevaluation on this again this year. My own older age and grand kids younger age are always a consideration.

What's everyone doing on this this year?

If you are getting the shot, where do you get it?

Thanks all...

:ingo:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How’s your insurance? Lots of places are $20 or less without it. Most insurance covers it completely. We got ours at Meijer where the Mrs. works. Neither of us feel any more autistic than before.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Worked in healthcare for many many years.....it was mandatory. I still get it because I am more afraid NOT to take it. Been getting it at CVS at no cost.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Wife and I both got it, we work at a High School. Lots of exposure. Plus the Psoriatic Arthritis put me at more risk.

Got it at the pharmacy, $0.

Don

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've gotten it from the Wally Mart pharmacy,. CVS, I'm not picky. This year my gp offered it during a regular visit. When I was a skinny young man the flu used to put me down for a solid week or two every year in January or February. Screw that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got mine about a month ago at my doctor's office. I stopped first at the local Walgreen's and they said my insurance wouldn't pay for it. I called the insurance and they said that yes, they would pay for it, but they had to bill it properly in the system which apparently they didnt know how to do. Cigna volunteered to call the local Walgreens and walk them through it. I told them to not bother and I would just go to my doctor's office. Since the wife got sick, I get one every year.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Got mine at CVS. Cigna insurance covered it all. Regular price on the receipt was $39.

Arm hurt for three days, as usual.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I haven't gotten one yet due to me being on sick from work where they are free. I've never had any issues with the any immunization but my wife...not so lucky. Ladt year she had a huge lump in the injection site. I guess all those years from the military injections didn't kill me so I'm good.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Work for a healthcare company for over 35 years and hated the shot so never got it . They offered it but never had to get it. Then when the ACA came into the picture and established Hospital Value-Based Purchasing. Then the company started doing this:
    Coworkers who do not have proof of immunization on file by November 30[SUP]th[/SUP] will be suspended and unable to work and will have seven (7) days to get the immunization.  Failure to get the immunization by the end of the suspension period will be terminated.

So forced to get something you don’t want or be unemployed.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Work for a healthcare company for over 35 years and hated the shot so never got it . They offered it but never had to get it. Then when the ACA came into the picture and established Hospital Value-Based Purchasing. Then the company started doing this:
    Coworkers who do not have proof of immunization on file by November 30[SUP]th[/SUP] will be suspended and unable to work and will have seven (7) days to get the immunization.  Failure to get the immunization by the end of the suspension period will be terminated.

So forced to get something you don’t want or be unemployed.

Wow! Just Wow! And that is why we need to move health care away from 3rd parties and to a system where you get your own.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are hundreds of flu variants of the major types of flu and many infections and illnesses caused by other viruses. A flu shot is the equivalent of placing a bet on a horse race based on the suggestion of a race betting publication. A flu shot only covers about three or four variants of the hundreds. It is the researchers best guess as to what is coming around...

Top Bottom