Shhhhhhh, What firearm related stuff are we stocking up on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With 4-5 cents a round for .22 long rifle bulk ammo becoming more and more common, we easily forget that 5-6 years ago we paid twice that, if we could get it at all.

Remember when stripped uppers and BCG's were best priced at $150? No such thing as an AR under a grand?

What were we paying back then for standard capacity mags, when they could be found?

How 'bout ammo components like 223/308 bullets, primers, powder? Handgun round components also?

Times seem really good for us now with lots of manufacturers and competition in the market. Great sales happen every week. As low as some things are priced, it makes one wonder how some sellers of firearms related products are actually making any money?

Just wondering if we are putting some stock back for "just in case?" SHTF could be other than the weather or earthquake we often envision it as, right?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Been buying extras for everything I own as often as I can, when money allows. Ammo, mags, reloading components, batteries, etc

It had been a great few years for stacking deep!

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    With the split receiver debate gaining more attention, maybe stripped uppers are a good idea. I never seem to have extras, but maybe will be getting a few.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    With the split receiver debate gaining more attention, maybe stripped uppers are a good idea. I never seem to have extras, but maybe will be getting a few.

When this was first brought up here a few months ago, I M purchased a few spare uppers. Just in case

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I reload and also purchase ammo on sale, as to ar"s wasn't it in 2008 or 2012 when they sold like crazy, i know i sold some that cost me 500 for 1200 and ammo sold at 3 times the price. i never advertised anything i sold was by offer only! now i keep stocked on bullets,brass ,primers and powder. I keep spare parts also for rifles and handguns too, i think this is something a lot of people don't think about. and mags, lots of mags!!!!!!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Ammo and magazines.

It turns out that I don't actually enjoy reloading, so stocking up on components has been a bad plan.

I should probably move that equipment at some point. But I probably won't; it is a form of insurance, I guess.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ammo and magazines.

It turns out that I don't actually enjoy reloading, so stocking up on components has been a bad plan.

I should probably move that equipment at some point. But I probably won't; it is a form of insurance, I guess.

That's a very good point. Wonder how many others are sitting on stuff with no plans to use it?

I traded for a shotshell reloader a couple years ago. On top of hardly taking it out of the box, I bought a bag of shot to go with it. Might be good to have just in case though, right?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I traded for a shotshell reloader a couple years ago. On top of hardly taking it out of the box, I bought a bag of shot to go with it. Might be good to have just in case though, right?

That's my thinking. It doesn't cost me anything (except opportunity) to hold onto it.

I'm set up for 9mm, .380, .44, and .223, and I have components to do at least a thousand of each.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How important is it to have the latest generation of AR mag? Seems that I may have some that have never seen the light of day from a few years back.

Should I be concerned over older generations of Pmags and Lancers?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How important is it to have the latest generation of AR mag? Seems that I may have some that have never seen the light of day from a few years back.

Should I be concerned over older generations of Pmags and Lancers?

The older steel GI style we have all still run just fine. SIL has them as I went all P-Mag sometime back.

Top Bottom