Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

User Info Menu

I've tried it while outside in the yard, too. It's not bad. Usually will munch on a bit of wood sorrel when weeding, too. Lemony and refreshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WILSON View Post
    n/m - hoosierdaddy1976 beat me.

User Info Menu

Picked the first cucumber today. It lasted less than 20 minutes until my youngest found out. Much needed rain. #2 started new sunflower patches from seed, now over 4'. So far so good.
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

User Info Menu

I think the neighbor behind us has something to do with our issue. He has his lawn treated for weeds professionally. I think there is either overspray or soil leaching going on. The treated area is literally 2í from our garden.

lettuce grew well. Thatís it.
    Our root veggies seem ok so far (Beets, etc)
    tomatoes peas and green beans are stunted but still producing fruit. they are literally half as high as they should be
    pea vines are only a foot long and producing 1/2 size fruits.
    cucumber vines arenít thriving and are already producing flowers at 18Ē long. Normally they grow to 10í long !

going to have the soil tested though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Iím not a gardener, but a friend gave me 2 cherry tomato plants as seedlings. One is now about 4í tall, and the other is a little shorter but bushier. Lots of clusters of green tomatoes on both. I have them in plastic pots and it seems to be working fine. I was able to take them into the garage earlier in the year when there was a frost threat. I may look into a garden plot next year. Itís been fun to go out every morning to water them and prune them.
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsharmon7 View Post
    Iím not a gardener, but a friend gave me 2 cherry tomato plants as seedlings. One is now about 4í tall, and the other is a little shorter but bushier. Lots of clusters of green tomatoes on both. I have them in plastic pots and it seems to be working fine. I was able to take them into the garage earlier in the year when there was a frost threat. I may look into a garden plot next year. Itís been fun to go out every morning to water them and prune them.
    We have had fresh cherry and full size maters the last few days with more coming to color. The plants were green house starts and 3' tall when we planted them. Covered up when the frost hit. Doing well.
    We got the cucumbers in the ground a bit late but they are coming on strong as are the onions.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Storing seed potatoes until next year, thinking on making up a hardware cloth box for the crawl space.
    Eh, maybe.
    Any of you fellas have something you've been using with success?

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Always treat seed potatoes as a roll of the dice.

I've done OK with them in cardboard boxes and or cardboard egg cartons.

Sounds like you are on to critter prevention.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Yeah, no point in feeding critters. But I'm thinking about temperature and moisture too. Inside the house is too warm. In the garage it still gets too cold at times though perhaps I could improve that with a tater storage facility put against the common wall with the house. The crawl space might be the Goldilocks zone.

User Info Menu

Stil more peas coming in than I can deal with. Started eating zukes now and one banana pepper. I have a few little green beans forming, so a week or two the bush beans will be producing and I there should be some little new potatoes ready to go. I think the cabbage is close now also.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Do you folks till every year.

Our raised bed has some really great dirt from years of attention. I bury the tiller as deep as it will go every spring. This year I wonder if I really need to till.
    I don't on raised beds,
    BUT,
    I also spent time getting a soil mix that doesn't clump/cake nearly as bad as the usual clay around here...
    I usually don't till any deeper than what I'm going to plant needs to start out.

This year is a mess so far,

Frost/freeze late in the year combined with wet start,
    Then out of town working on COVID emergency crap, the weeds took over,
    Then the bugs hit with a vengeance...
    Now stuff is tall enough, storms/wind are a pain.

Honestly, if I wasn't out of town so much it wouldn't have been near as bad...

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast