• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am keeping close tabs on the Corona Virus. I am fully prepped and ready to take the family and head to my cabin and bunker down to avoid contamination and ride out a pandemic.

Question is......when to bug out?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Happy to say that I live bugged out.

Now, if I could just find a way to stay away from the rest of you all. I'm having Taco Tues here in just a bit, then there's the monthly dinner meeting tomorrow.

Ya'll let me know too...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Right before a cluster of active infections is discovered in places that you and your family spend time with other people.

Well, about a week before that discovery. Call it 10 days before the discovery, just to be safe.

On a bit more serious note, as soon as a community spread incident happens downtown or on the north side (for me), that'll be the hunker-down moment. Since you have the cabin, probably about that timeframe.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How will we know as soon as possible when the virus makes it's way to the local homeless/free needle program folks?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Neighbors have reported discarded needles at some of the road pull offs out near us. Doubt those folks are using proper hand washing techniques? :dunno:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If you're thinking of bugging out/in due to COVID-19, then you also should have bugged out/in back in November to avoid the flu season as well.

The CDC estimates there have been 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths from flu so far this season. And it's not over yet. :runaway:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If you're thinking of bugging out/in due to COVID-19, then you also should have bugged out/in back in November to avoid the flu season as well.

The CDC estimates there have been 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths from flu so far this season. And it's not over yet. :runaway:

A most ignored factoid right there! The difference between coronavirus and the flu? The Democrats and their co-conspirators in the media can't find a way to use the flu to attack Trump!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A most ignored factoid right there! The difference between coronavirus and the flu? The Democrats and their co-conspirators in the media can't find a way to use the flu to attack Trump!

Setting aside whatever that means, we know a metric shton about the flu, and most of the strains.

We don't know nearly as much about this variant of the coronavirus, COVID-19. Those unknowns create a different kind of risk.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figure if it gets bad I'll just stay home. Be doing that anyway because of the shortages of foreign made products in the industries I serve before the bug actually gets here.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I figure if it gets bad I'll just stay home. Be doing that anyway because of the shortages of foreign made products in the industries I serve before the bug actually gets here.

I'm not bugging out. The safest, cleanest place will be my home.

I agree.
    Why would you bug out?

Unless people are breaking into your house, or you suspect this will get so bad that people will break into your house.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I agree.
    Why would you bug out?

Unless people are breaking into your house, or you suspect this will get so bad that people will break into your house.

For me, I’d bug out to go from a city of 1,000,000+ people to a county of 17,000. It’s a numbers game.

Top Bottom