• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    So it might be time to stick around your home for a while.

How are you going to keep a watch over your castle when you have to leave for necessity or when you have to rest? You can't do it alone.

What if the utilies and services shut down, is your home a disease trap? What is your plan then?

What if you crazy neighbor knows you have prepared and he runs out of food and plots your downfall so he can eat.

Can you handle the extra chores and not pass out from exhaustion?

Do you have a rounded skill set to keep things running?

Does your extended family showing up, make the situation better or worse?

Do you enhance you safety by teaming up with like minded people and share your skills?

To me, a group with at least 6 healthy adults would be able to deal with the 24/7 demand.....

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If your community network is only 6 adults, you're going to be in bad shape in any prolonged emergency situation (earthquake, significant flooding, EMP, etc.).

If you think of yourself as a descendant of the pioneers, remember that they set off in trains of a couple dozen wagons or more. You need to get to know your neighbors and their skillsets.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's good to know your neighbors. At the same time, it's good to not be too predictable. Can your neighbors readily determine if you are home for sure?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I can tell you what has worked for us. Opening up the front section of the pasture to allow both the Dog and Jackass to be up front. People will move on to easier access rather quickly!

...or poison them one day to come back the next?

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    For me its family and close friends. I don't think six adults would be enough, you figure one person up at all times in the castle and one outside in an over watch position or patrol role, on top of that the daily chores and improvement projects that would be going on during a long term incident.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Assuming power stays on we should be a smidge healthier from now on. I installed a UV sanitizing light in the air handler yesterday. Nothing in response to CV, just to our health in general. This winter season was an AWFUL season for us. Pretty much 1 of the 4 of us either sick or recovering since Thanksgiving. I'd had enough. We live in pretty clean conditions, not a lot of clutter, we vacuum daily, deep clean monthly, etc. Figured something in the home to actively kill viruses and bacteria wouldnt hurt. And in the winter the fan runs 24/7 to balance the temps in the split level so it will be disinfecting the air 24/7.

Here in a month or so we will switch it over to auto, so I'll get da mouse down here to wire the light onto the fan relay so it only lights when the fan is running. I could handle the rest of the install myself.

I can tell you what has worked for us. Opening up the front section of the pasture to allow both the Dog and Jackass to be up front. People will move on to easier access rather quickly!

You used to play with the dog in the back yard? Why did your wife make you two move up front?

(sorry, I couldnt resist. That was such a softball)

Top Bottom