• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I was told at the pharmacy 3 of the meds for my wife are in short supply. You might want to check if any of yours are on that list.

Loaded up on the refills and did the vacation refill request to top off all her meds. Some won't be in till Monday but she will be in good shape for a while. I also did that for the few meds I take.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Also wouldnt hurt to grab an extra bottle of generic ibuprofen or tylenol if you use them semi regularly. Its my understanding all generics of these two are made overseas and are also impacted.

You're gonna take them anyway. I'm not suggesting going to Sams Club and buying the gallon jug size, because they'll be back eventually. And worst case you'll have to buy name brand and pay a bit more.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    Before you jump to conclusions about drug shortages, it may be specific drugs at your pharmacy. For example, if you normally get 90 tablets of your routine med and it’s not a common one, the pharmacy may not carry many at that location. So if you got your normal fill and then tried to get an extra fill to stockpile, they may have run out that day. Likewise, others could have done the same that day and they are low on those meds just at that location.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As tight as they are on drugs (specifically narcotics) now days, I'm guessing any boomer that heard of this virus scare knew they had to get to the pharmacy right away?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If the big box places are out of acetomenophin (sp) or ibuprofen, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and Family Dollar may still have them.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Funny story...

My fil was very over weight, 500+ pounds. One day he told me he wanted to go climb Mount Ararat and ask God to take all the weight off of him. I told him, he might need to make a few trips up and down, but God would answer his prayers.

Top Bottom