Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 62 of 133 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Also save the old Lysol containers. They usually have a quarter inch of fluid in the bottom. You can use it to moisten a paper or cloth towel to wipe Down surfaces. I have been grabbing these from my wife for months and use the in the basement. I can't break her from the disposable lifestyle but I can adapt to lessen her impact.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    I might try alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I'm afraid of the bleach discoloring the nylon though.
    Nothing worse than accidentally ruining a pair of nice duty pants from bleach wipedowns right before a shift starts.....

This wasn't coronavirus related, one of my former jobs was just that cheap. They didnt buy me new pants either, though the grief I raised trying would have gotten me fired anywhere else. *shudders* bad memories lol

On a more recent note- If you can find alcohol, my wife made our own wipes. Cut a roll of paper towels in half and soak in alcohol, reuse a proper disinfectant wipe bottle to keep them wet and sealed. Bam.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I might try alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I'm afraid of the bleach discoloring the nylon though.
    DO IT YOURSELF LYSOL SOLUTION;
    1 cup water
    6 tbsps 91% isopropyl alcohol
    2 tsps dish soap (non ammonia. Don't use dawn. Use cheap brand)

You can put it on paper towels or rags and wipe your stuff down.
    I know it may be hard to find the isopropyl alcohol. You could substitute with everclear and add afew drops of an essential oil to add a pleasant smell.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    DO IT YOURSELF LYSOL SOLUTION;
    1 cup water
    6 tbsps 91% isopropyl alcohol
    2 tsps dish soap (non ammonia. Don't use dawn. Use cheap brand)

You can put it on paper towels or rags and wipe your stuff down.
    I know it may be hard to find the isopropyl alcohol. You could substitute with everclear and add afew drops of an essential oil to add a pleasant smell.
    Thank you. I'll give that a whirl.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

Thank you. I'll give that a whirl.
    Yep no problem. Just please double check the dish soap and make sure it doesn't have ammonia

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Yep no problem. Just please double check the dish soap and make sure it doesn't have ammonia
    We generally use Dawn, but I'll see what kind of cheap-o stuff I have in the garage cabinets.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

We generally use Dawn, but I'll see what kind of cheap-o stuff I have in the garage cabinets.
    Actually It may not matter on that recipe because there is no bleach involved but better to be safe than sorry. Plus cheap dish soap should be easy to find.
    Wish they'd (the city) give you guys that kind of stuff. The wipes I mean

User Info Menu

Thought about checking out about buying canned green beans for my dogs in about a week from now since it's been so crazy in the stores.

No price gouging at all on Amazon, that is unless you consider paying $6.25 a standard 14.5oz can.
    $74.99 for 1/2 case, only about $60 above retail grocery store prices.

Screenshot_2020-03-26 Amazon com green beans no salt added.png
    Don't be that Richard, nobody likes a smart ass Richard, there's way more than we need here.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

Expert

User Info Menu

Just use an ammonia/water mix?

I've been using generic glass cleaner and paper towels for cleaning my kitchen for ages and I'm not dead yet. This also worked for my grandmother's entire life. Nobody ever used to clean with bleach. Should work for police gear too, though you'd want to avoid the blue dye and mix it yourself. My understanding is that what people are primarily getting out of the various "wipe" products is that they're simply wiping stuff off before it can transfer to the air and then are throwing it away so it won't. The agents in those wipes are rarely left on stuff long enough to actually kill anything. Basically I'm reading that they're mostly no better than a wet rag if you don't let stuff sit for awhile smeared in lysol/clorox "juice".

FWIW though, I have used peroxide mixed with a little bit of dish soap to clean all sorts of fabrics with no ill effects (including carpet). It primarily works awesome on bodily fluids (blood and well... others). That could come in handy in your career regardless. I keep a bottle of that mixed up by the washing machine anyhow.

So... I'm not a medical professional and the EPA straight up says ammonia isn't "certified" for killing stuff, but if you can't get anything else that won't destroy your gear...?

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman View Post
    Thought about checking out about buying canned green beans for my dogs in about a week from now since it's been so crazy in the stores.

No price gouging at all on Amazon, that is unless you consider paying $6.25 a standard 14.5oz can.
    $74.99 for 1/2 case, only about $60 above retail grocery store prices.

Screenshot_2020-03-26 Amazon com green beans no salt added.png
    I went through exactly that shopping experience earlier today. No price gouging at all on Walmart.com, free 2 day shipping, as long as you don't mind 6lb cans. I decided I didn't mind giant cans. I like green bean casserole!

Page 62 of 133 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast