• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Don't know if it is the right place for this, but thought it would be helpful for INGO to keep each other updated on their area situation. I'm in southern Newton county and the well know toilet paper hoarding has hit here too. Also seems to be a run on cold medicine, disinfectant wips, hand sanitized and potatoes.

Living near the Illinois state line means that we have been overrun with people from Illinois buying up everything they can get their hands on. They, for the most part, haven't caused too many problems. However, the local police have had to get involved a few times. This is normally a quiet "Mayberry" type of town, so this a little disturbing to say the least. Other than the Illinois invaders, every that we know around here is taking all of this in stride with a bit of humor and neighborly assistance.

So INGO, how are things holding up in your areas?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I live in Henry County and went to the New Castle Wal-Mart to get a few things (mostly comfort foods). I am a minor league prepper so I took care of stuff like toilet paper years ago.

There wasn't a sheet of toilet paper or a paper towel to be purchased at any price. I am guessing the stock in the back had also ran out and they will be waiting on resupply from trucks at some point since we are maybe three days into the panic buying. The Soup and cold medicine was about 80-90% gone. Bread was about 95% gone. Lysol and cheap napkins gone. There was about 6 bottles of bleach left on the shelf. Looked like the lunch meat, cheese and chicken were about half empty. I didn't check bottled water or milk. I did not see people pushing two carts full of stuff and the lines were non-existent even with the store fairly busy.

Other than the panic buying and shortages everything else seems normal.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Southeast Boone County.

Reasonably normal. There was a run on the local Meijer and Costco last Thursday, but not entirely insane.

Dinner last night and brunch this morning had smaller crowds but not dead. Brunch was likely the result of some large local churches not having service, and the resultant post church crowds eating at home.

Really don't see the need for some of what is transpiring. Focus on those most at risk and let the rest of the economy continue to operate. If some of the Governors have there way, they may well induce a recession where one otherwise would not have occurred.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I haven't left the house since Friday night, which is a normal weekend for me, but it's been oddly quiet outside. Normally with this kind of weather my hillbilly neighbors are out making all sorts of noise all day long, but there's been hardly a peep today.

I could get used to this!

Elkhart county repping.

...also, my idiot ex girlfriend lives in Newton County, her inability to put 2 dollars together for the entire 11 years we were together is one of the things the ended the relationship, and I'm sort of happy to hear that is finally going to catch up with her as she had neither the cash nor the credit to prepare for this even if she wanted to. I don't want her to die, but, I don't mind some pain given what I went through there... Anyhow. Here I sit with a house full of food and TP. :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Monroe County. Not a lot to report out here in the sticks, yet...

Daughter says the Bloomington restaurant she works at was terribly slow yesterday lunch. She somehow was able to bail on the dinner shift that she would normally have worked also.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Monroe County. Not a lot to report out here in the sticks, yet...

Daughter says the Bloomington restaurant she works at was terribly slow yesterday lunch. She somehow was able to bail on the dinner shift that she would normally have worked also.

No cases here as of earlier today anyway. I'm still going out and my company is still having me come into the office even though I can work just as well at home.:dunno:

I ate a Mcalisters on Friday. It was pretty slow. Tomorrow I will hit one of the restaurants I usually can't find a parking spot for. I'm sure I will find one.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Hamilton County. I just returned from a cruise to find no toilet paper, handi wipes, bread and a lot of meat all missing from several places like Meijer and Walmart, Kroger. I was just wanting to restock like I always do when returning to the U.S. I try to use all perishable goods before I go away for 2 weeks and restock when I return. I overheard some conversations that the "panic" hit Noblesville when cases were confirmed in surrounding cities.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I'm right where Marion county and Hendricks county meet.

People have started panic buying guns and ammo. It may of been going on for a little while but I just noticed it this weekend.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Carmel - Run on TP, paper towels, fresh meat, pasta, bread, kid foods such as soup, crackers, frozen pizza, Ramen, and bananas... basically a months worth of groceries purchased in 5 days. All items were being bought as fast as they could be stocked but some items that have returned to being stocked in limited quantities. Fresh meat, bread, and paper towels were back today... still no TP on shelves.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Southeast Boone County.

Reasonably normal. There was a run on the local Meijer and Costco last Thursday, but not entirely insane.

Dinner last night and brunch this morning had smaller crowds but not dead. Brunch was likely the result of some large local churches not having service, and the resultant post church crowds eating at home.

Really don't see the need for some of what is transpiring. Focus on those most at risk and let the rest of the economy continue to operate. If some of the Governors have there way, they may well induce a recession where one otherwise would not have occurred.

All Lebanon area places that sell any kind of poop paper is sold out, people are dumb..

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I am a minor league prepper so I took care of stuff like toilet paper years ago.

My wife as I were too... we have a tote full of basic first aid, camping / survival type stuff, and a couple days worth of snacks and MRE entress. Mainly we prepped with severe weather and "get out of town now" in mind. We clearly need to expand to include a week at home with no resupply. We were able to do our normal shopping for the week just as the start of the madness was ramping up and we had no need to buy any of the hot items, but we got lucky we had bought those the time before.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    My wife as I were too... we have a tote full of basic first aid, camping / survival type stuff, and a couple days worth of snacks and MRE entress. Mainly we prepped with severe weather and "get out of town now" in mind. We clearly need to expand to include a week at home with no resupply. We were able to do our normal shopping for the week just as the start of the madness was ramping up and we had no need to buy any of the hot items, but we got lucky we had bought those the time before.

It was kind of surreal to view the shortages without needing those items. I plan to give prepping a higher priority again in the future after the shortages subside. Seems justified now.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I'll try Costco, Greenwood tomorrow for normal rations. I have enough, but want to maintain buying weekly groceries each week. I went to a gun store in Beechgrove 2 days ago. They seemed packed and looked like they were moving inventory at a good pace. Didn't see anything I needed except to get out of a crowded store. I plan on hitting Red Lobster in Avon on Wed. or Thur. at opening.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    (if you didn't guess from my handle) East-Central Hendricks County just West of Indianapolis: people are freakin nuts! The entire aisle of stuff where you'd usually find Mac & Cheese is EMPTY! Sams the other side of 465 had NO BOTTLED WATER on Friday. Bananas and onions were zero-balance. No chicken, pork, lunch meat.

I keep hearing about people who have never owned a gun frequenting the LGS. You got your 60 rolls of Charmin and a gallon of hand sanitizer. Now you're realizing **** be getting REAL and calling 9-11 ain't gonna have the same results it did 10 days ago.

Constitutional Carry is coming up in 2021, just sayin...

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There are some strange things being discussed and directed at work. I have never seen anything like this and it is just super strange to me. We have been told to make sure to have all our gear and PPE, spare radio battery, water, snacks, and understand we can be held over or deployed just about any time, anywhere. Sick days don’t count against us right now and our time-off book now has two less slots every day to pre-prepare for impending sickness. It hasn’t been directed yet, but I would not be surprised to see all non-priority runs NOT dispatched (no officers sent to take simple reports).

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Went to Walmart Saturday mostly to observe. Typical shortages and outages as mentioned. Employees were restocking as well as they could with a somewhat crowded store. The confusion was exacerbated by the fact the store recently changed the entire layout of the grocery section.

Folks were acting calm but I saw a lot of very full carts. TP was the only thing totally gone. I did notice that the,majority of people who had cases of water were more often hispanic. I wonder if life experience in a previous local may have taught a lesson or two. I did pick up a few tubes of bleach wipes for the office, full endcap display, and a half dozen 8oz pouches of cooked shredded pork for protein variety. The pouches were in the clearance section with an exp date of late 2021.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    There are some strange things being discussed and directed at work. I have never seen anything like this and it is just super strange to me. We have been told to make sure to have all our gear and PPE, spare radio battery, water, snacks, and understand we can be held over or deployed just about any time, anywhere. Sick days don’t count against us right now and our time-off book now has two less slots every day to pre-prepare for impending sickness. It hasn’t been directed yet, but I would not be surprised to see all non-priority runs NOT dispatched (no officers sent to take simple reports).

So a car accident with no injuries and no cops show up?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd love to be a fly on that wall or maybe not. Either way I do not envy the jobs our first responders have. It's going to be really tough on them soon I believe and many of them are facing a big risk of exposure too. Stay safe out there guys and gals. And a sincere Thank You!

Top Bottom