STOP FLUSHING YOUR DISINFECTANT WIPES DOWN THE TOILETS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know everyone on this forum is smarter than this. But Just heard this on the radio. Did not catch the city or cities where this is the worst, but can't believe how stupid people can be! Dumb Butts are flushing their Disinfecting wipes down the toilets! Lets get the word out on FB and where ever else you can that this is more than a bad Idea! This will damage the sewage pumps clog up the sewer system etc! Then on top of this damn Virus we will get e-coli and other waste bred bacteria going all over the place! I am not trying to be funny, this is real! But now I guess SHTF for real, or maybe the pumps! GEEZ!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The church that I take care of maintenance at is constantly fighting this very thing. For some reason the woman that operate the day care will not put the darned wipes in the waste basket but flush them. Idiocy as we have had more than a few meetings on this. Getting the sewer rootered out weekly is becoming a burden. Yet they continue to do it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The church that I take care of maintenance at is constantly fighting this very thing. For some reason the woman that operate the day care will not put the darned wipes in the waste basket but flush them. Idiocy as we have had more than a few meetings on this. Getting the sewer rootered out weekly is becoming a burden. Yet they continue to do it.
    Start making them fix the problem and they’ll stop. When I was younger dad always made me fix what I messed up, nothing teaches you not to do something like having to be the one to fix it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Start making them fix the problem and they’ll stop. When I was younger dad always made me fix what I messed up, nothing teaches you not to do something like having to be the one to fix it.

Seriously....have you ever tried to talk sense to a group of woman in charge of about anything.....seriously.

When I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago after 4 more issues since the previous meeting I was told by the day care director I would be replaced if I continued with such comments. The church director of operations told her she would be replaced before me as he could measure in dollars what I saved the church from my knowledge and skills. To say she was Pi$$ed was not even close. Idiots. Just idiots.

To clarify.....not "ALL" females. I know some really sharp lady's.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Seriously....have you ever tried to talk sense to a group of woman in charge of about anything.....seriously.

When I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago after 4 more issues since the previous meeting I was told by the day care director I would be replaced if I continued with such comments. The church director of operations told her she would be replaced before me as he could measure in dollars what I saved the church from my knowledge and skills. To say she was Pi$$ed was not even close. Idiots. Just idiots.

To clarify.....not "ALL" females. I know some really sharp lady's.

This reminds me of the story of the girls who kept putting on lip stick and kissing the mirrors to leave their lip prints. After the custodian cleaned it up a few days, the teacher took all the girls to the bathroom so they could see the effort it takes to clean the mirrors. The custodian dipped a mop in the toilet, then began mopping the mirrors. Ironically, there was never anymore lip prints on the mirrors.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    At my work, they put a metal sleeve with a small flange into the toilet "drain"... I guess it's to catch the paper towels and wipes and such? Or shred them as the jet blasts everything downstream?

Probably some hand dryers instead of 10000' rolls of paper might solve the problem

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Friend of mine flushes them down the toilet, and has a septic system. I told him how bad they were for sewers let alone septic systems. He grabbed the package and showed where it claimed they were safe to flush. I left it at that. Not very hard to do a simple search and see all the problems people have because of those things.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Friend of mine flushes them down the toilet, and has a septic system. I told him how bad they were for sewers let alone septic systems. He grabbed the package and showed where it claimed they were safe to flush. I left it at that. Not very hard to do a simple search and see all the problems people have because of those things.

I guess he never dealt with a used car salesman.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Denial is a powerful powerful thing. And can be so costly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

^^^This!^^^ Freakin' manufacturers need to STOP putting that on the packaging. In fact they should put a warning that they are NOT safe to flush, in big bold red letters. Same with certain feminine products. When DoggyMama's daughter was staying with us for a bit, I laid down the law when suddenly our septic backed up and when the plumber cleared the line, saw that it was from used tampons. Her response was the same as your friend's. "But the package says..." The package is a lie!! :xmad:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    ^^^This!^^^ Freakin' manufacturers need to STOP putting that on the packaging. In fact they should put a warning that they are NOT safe to flush, in big bold red letters. Same with certain feminine products. When DoggyMama's daughter was staying with us for a bit, I laid down the law when suddenly our septic backed up and when the plumber cleared the line, saw that it was from used tampons. Her response was the same as your friend's. "But the package says..." The package is a lie!! :xmad:

I have a cute little sign for my bathroom (when I owned the house) that said exactly what isn't allowed to go down the toilet. I mounted it directly in view.

Mine is actually a funny little poem and got a chuckle out of guests, but this is the idea.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well the operations director just called me. The line from the day care is stopped up again.

As I am on hold until this all passes over and the church goes back into full swing I told him to call Miss know it all fantsy pants and have her deal with it.
    Morons.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Well the operations director just called me. The line from the day care is stopped up again.

As I am on hold until this all passes over and the church goes back into full swing I told him to call Miss know it all fantsy pants and have her deal with it.
    Morons.

I sense a completely toilet replacement coming in the near future as someone dumps every chemical and device known to man kind down it in the coming days.

Hopefully they just come to their senses and smooth over whatever is unfolding that's keeping you out of loop.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Ha! That would have been perfect!

Good idea to do it even if the offender from last time has moved on. You never know what guest may be at your place and is just honestly clueless and not looking to harm your property.

edit: Seems like we have a couple of professional sign printers on INGO that are coming up on some hard times... Hummmm? :dunno:

Top Bottom