Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

What is the difference between a Hoarder and a Prepper?

I am a Prepper. No doubt about it. But now I am being called a Hoarder because I have planned ahead. Why does the general public not able to see the difference between the two? Could it be that they are starting to see the wisdom of prepping, but just not able to truly comprehend its' true purpose? Kinda like a fire extinguisher or car insurance. You hope you never need to use it, but if you do, you are glad you have it.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Badging. It is the new way.
    Another label they can throw around to empower themselves.
    If you are well prepared pay the midget minds no heed.
    Give them no strength in your response.
    Ignore them as they thrash around lost in self imposed madness.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

In the literal sense, if you have to climb over most of your stuff to get to other stuff, you're a hoarder.

I'm just wondering why at this point in the game anyone even knows what you've got or that you're "hoarding"? Security of the hoard is numbero uno. Easier to secure it for nobody knows about it.

User Info Menu

Donít let a bunch of commie bastards bother you. They think everyone should share with them now. When it was a time of plenty they could have been saving stuff away, but no.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

The "Grass Hopper and the Ant" comes to mind.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

When you have one path to walk throughout your house because of old newspapers and magazines and random crap bought from qvc etc etc then you might be a hoarder.
    If you have a basement full of, say, toilet paper and canned goods and loaded ar mags...then thats just good ol preparedness
    sauce will thicken upon standing

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maxwelhse View Post
    In the literal sense, if you have to climb over most of your stuff to get to other stuff, you're a hoarder.

I'm just wondering why at this point in the game anyone even knows what you've got or that you're "hoarding"? Security of the hoard is numbero uno. Easier to secure it for nobody knows about it.
    Literally words to live by.

User Info Menu

Prepper: Buys and stores while things are in abundance, buying a little at a time. Thinks of it as insurance, doesn't cause shortages. Carefully plans what is needed, and doesn't focus on what isn't. Preparations don't negatively impact others.

Hoarder: Waits until a crisis, then buys everything in sight, causing shortages and approaching with a selfish attitude. No planning is involved. Buys whatever presents itself as an opportunity. Tends to load up disproportionately on some items. Again, usually no planning is involved.

I also believe that most preppers would be a bit more likely to share with those in need and suffering than hoarders. I might be wrong, but that's been my gut feeling about people I've met in both categories.

A prepper also knows that toilet paper is a luxury and not a necessity, although the prepper will certainly have plenty on hand BEFORE the crisis. The prepper also knows that nature and creativity offer many alternatives, in a pinch. (See what i did there? Lol!).
    Last edited by Principal Skinr; 03-28-2020 at 06:13.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Prepper: Buys stuff they need, before they need it.

Hoarder: Buys stuff they don't need, after they think they need it.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    Prepper: Buys stuff they need, before they need it.

Hoarder: Buys stuff they don't need, after they think they need it.
    Almost like the difference between men and women.

A man will buy something he needs, whether it's on sale or not.

A woman will buy something that's on sale whether she needs it or not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast