• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    Intersting to say the least. I have a son that is on the front line in a hospital inhabiting people daily ,some in their thirties otherwise healthy , he has said they are already forced to reuse gowns. He says it is likley he will contract the virus. He is telling me to stay home. The virus can live on surfaces longer than we are hearing. He said that on a cruse ship that has been empty for 17 days they were able to find live virus.
    I try to tell friends and family to stay in place and i have gotten some angered response. One tells me the United States was not built by sheltering in place and if we listen to the medical profession we will be sitting in seperate rooms in body condoms. His son took his family on a trip to Tennessee, wife and teenage daughters.Another believes he already had it back in February and is immune, ya got to be smart he says, goes about his routine, got tires put on his vehicle and waited for them to align, the tires were not wore out.He goes to Wall mart, the park ,has his kids with their kids come over.
    I will say it again,my son is seeing the carnage and is telling me the hospitals are having discussions on if to code people that has been put on respirators.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Don't try to tell anyone anything. You can only control yourself. All of the information is out there. The 17 day live virus on the cruise ship is not secret inside knowledge that just you have. It was on most news outlets. I have heard it many times. My son's employer is still open, retail environment. We will not be around him and our new grandson any time soon. The SiL is still working and in contact with people. So we will not be around him, the daughter and those three grandsons any time soon. it sucks, but everyone has to live their own life.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I am trying to decide when I need to stay home from my job. Nice to have the income, but is not essential for us to make it.

Henry Ford Health already published they will NOT code people on vents. They will pull people OFF vents if they are not improving. This is going to get ugly folks.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Don't try to tell anyone anything. You can only control yourself. All of the information is out there. The 17 day live virus on the cruise ship is not secret inside knowledge that just you have. It was on most news outlets. I have heard it many times. My son's employer is still open, retail environment. We will not be around him and our new grandson any time soon. The SiL is still working and in contact with people. So we will not be around him, the daughter and those three grandsons any time soon. it sucks, but everyone has to live their own life.

Pretty much this... i occasionally whine in other threads about my neighbors very obviously not taking this seriously at all (there's a huge pack of kids all wrestling in the street right now from different households, tons of neighbors are having their normal weekend gatherings, complete with visitors driving cars with out of state plates) and even on INGO I'm basically told to STFU about it. :dunno:

People want to be idiots, then I guess they can be. It's frustrating because that is going to prolong any "recovery" period from this and just prolong the illness, but... Not much else to be done about it short of an actual military enforced quarantine, and none of us want that one bit.

edit: Not to say that Expat's family, or anyone who has to go to their jobs, is an idiot. There's a big difference between those groups.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Here is what my oldest daughter sent me today. Pretty appropriate for this thread. There is a Language Alert but appropriate. If not okay, I will remove it.

https://dailyblocks.com/r/videos/comments/fql87h/stay_the_****_at_home/

When the black screen with the white spinning circle appears, click in the middle of the spinning circle. Or, it is the song on the bottom left.

Last edited:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I just heard that now they want us to start wearing safety glasses if you go out. They are supposed to create another barrier for your eyes if someone coughs or sneezes close to you. And you are to wash them often.

Folks, things are going to get stranger by the day as this thing progresses.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    There were more people outside today than before the "lockdown". It's a joke. The pampered office class at my employer got to go home or come and go as they please, but all the people who do the actual work have to continue showing up as usual.

Well, at this rate, people WILL be home in two weeks, but it won't be because the government says so. It'll be because they're terrified and watching people die.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There were more people outside today than before the "lockdown". It's a joke. The pampered office class at my employer got to go home or come and go as they please, but all the people who do the actual work have to continue showing up as usual.

Well, at this rate, people WILL be home in two weeks, but it won't be because the government says so. It'll be because they're terrified and watching people die.

Traffic and head count is down by at least half around here. Traffic by the house is way down.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    This is the proverbial "rock and a hard place". If everybody stays home, it will be like a neutron bomb hit the economy and eventually there will be hungry, unemployed, people, looting whatever food they can find after the currency collapses because the Gov't printing presses turned the dollar into 'monopoly cash' while paying people for staying home and getting laid off.

If the CDC and NIH got a reliable test made, we could just quarantine the people who actually are sick. I read that the CDCs 1st try wasn't reliable. I also read that Spain sent back about 1/2 the tests they bought from china because they weren't reliable (have to wonder about the rest). Given that this is a pandemic, it seems hard to believe that anyone would sell test kits that actually worked.

Between the lack of reliable tests, the virus still being able to spread because of essential industries, and goofs doing stuff like going to the beach during spring break, I think martial law is a probability, not a possibility, unless reliable testing shows up first--and heads off an economic collapse that would be another reason for martial law.

May God bring a quick end to this disease and preserve our lives, health, livelihoods, and freedom

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is the proverbial "rock and a hard place". If everybody stays home, it will be like a neutron bomb hit the economy and eventually there will be hungry, unemployed, people, looting whatever food they can find after the currency collapses because the Gov't printing presses turned the dollar into 'monopoly cash' while paying people for staying home and getting laid off.

If the CDC and NIH got a reliable test made, we could just quarantine the people who actually are sick. I read that the CDCs 1st try wasn't reliable. I also read that Spain sent back about 1/2 the tests they bought from china because they weren't reliable (have to wonder about the rest). Given that this is a pandemic, it seems hard to believe that anyone would sell test kits that actually worked.

Between the lack of reliable tests, the virus still being able to spread because of essential industries, and goofs doing stuff like going to the beach during spring break, I think martial law is a probability, not a possibility, unless reliable testing shows up first--and heads off an economic collapse that would be another reason for martial law.

May God bring a quick end to this disease and preserve our lives, health, livelihoods, and freedom

Are you new here? This is the crap China is famous for. Their two chief exports are lies and CCS. (cheap Chinese :poop:) :):

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

We’ve been printing Monopoly cash for at least a few years anyway. I’m not saying that I don’t want the economy back, I do, RIGHT ****ING NOW, but it ain’t gonna happen, the sheep are , well, sheep. Their betters have told them how to act, as well as where and when, “for their own good”. They’ve embraced it, nothing can be done now.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Trust in the Lord AND keep your powder dry, boys and girls.

My attitude exactly. :thumbsup:
    I am using the sense God gave me by keeping my distance from others, but the Lord knows whether this is how I'm going out or not.
    I'm fine either way, although I did plan for more work & play to be done first. :laugh:
    I'm the kind of person who is looking forward to making friends with people that I haven't even met yet: I'm not done. :cheers:
    I enjoy everyday. :rockwoot:
    I'll enjoy everyday more when I can get back to the range, though. :ingo:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    We’ve been printing Monopoly cash for at least a few years anyway. I’m not saying that I don’t want the economy back, I do, RIGHT ****ING NOW, but it ain’t gonna happen, the sheep are , well, sheep. Their betters have told them how to act, as well as where and when, “for their own good”. They’ve embraced it, nothing can be done now.
    You could argue that the gov't has been printing 'monopoly cash' since nixon took the dollar off the gold standard back in 1973(?). The gov't has done deficit spending as far back as the revolution but the last time the gov't did "quantitative easing", it wasn't officially over 20 trillion in debt. Doing it again while trying to stimulate an economy that is shut down while people are sheltering in place, could "pop the bubble" and we'd have a currency collapse. Sheep will do what sheep do...until it stops working for them and they stampede

Top Bottom