• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    I know everyone has different needs with different situations but, I wondered if anyone had any ideas or worthwhile products you've come across lately that you wouldn't mind sharing?

I've been piecing mine together over time and I feel like it's packed full, but also don't feel that's it's too much.

I work a long ways from home and could easily pull off an overnighter on the side of the road if need be.

Anyway, open to thoughts and ideas.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is something we each need to consider and work out as to our ability's and needs. As you say you are geared for an overnight. I am as well but it would be a sparse one for sure.

Last edited:

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Mine is really pretty light, especially as the weather warms as I'm not keeping extra cold weather gear in it....I live in town and dont get more than a few hrs walk from my house so I dont keep much for overnighting but I did put a small blowup cushion in my bag recently that for some reason I found really cool, figured if nothing else I could use it to rest my head on or my tired a$$ if I have to hoof it across town
    I imagine the other stuff in my pack is pretty standard

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I keep a couple blades and a fence tool in mine. I've actually been reworking it a bit. A change of clothes, some water, and an MRE. There's always a blanket in my truck, great for crawling around under a vehicle. Otherwise I try to keep it light.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I use to carry a military backpack full of rattlery stuff in my trunk. Too much always heavy. Since retiring, rethinking the weight vs the backup.

Bought a small messenger bag, and a camo Sling pack with shoulder carry for protective hardware to be carried. (Firearm, spare mag, folding blade, small tactical light, mini maglite-LED style. Have included a pocket holster, and an IWB holster, OC spray, bandana, nylon-leather gloves. Thats tactical bag #1)

Shoulder bag: Compass/map/pencil, mirror, faro rod with stryker, matchcase with wax dipped matches, couple bran bars, )some very basic med pills(pain, hay fever, Tums) Sunglasses, handkerchief, multitool, AA single battery flashlight(tacttical looking, small folder(like a stockman style 3 blades) 20 ft paracord. Also in trunk... 1qt Army Surplus Canteen with cover, soft style with cup on a pistol belt to carry. Kabar USMC knife attached opposite canteen. Cheap sports poncho. Boonie hat in trunk. Winter carry is a skull cap, spare hoodie sweatshirt.

I fill the canteen once a week, pouring out in winter to prevent freezing. Usually have couple water bottles in car for trips or just work traveling. Only grab tactical bag and take in at night to secure firearm and hardware. Rest stay inside for future use.

Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    In any bag I have the three things I keep are a bic lighter a few paper towels and a roll of electrical tape (usually all In a quality ziploc style bag). You can wrap the tape around the lighter to save space but I don’t do that because I prefer a full roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mine's stocked up pretty good....

EUoGFQIWsAIaOM9

ERpEGHQX0AA-WYS

Bed, toilet, Coleman grill and stove, heater, chair, axe, saw, knives, .410 snake charmer, cooler, machete, first aid kit, croc's, extra jacket etc....

I know it seems overkill but you've got to realize I'm nearly a half mile away from the shop....

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Mine is a 40L bag with lots of crap in it. It weighs roughly 20-25 LBS currently... which I'll admit is a pain in the ass to lug around. Trauma kit, 2 survival space blankets, hammock w/ bug net, life straw, 2400 Calorie food bar (x2), 100ft paracord, water purification tablets, mountain house meal (x2), zip ties, lighter w/ electrical tape combo, water proof matches w/ cotton dipped in vasoline, extra socks, multipurpose knife set, box of 9mm, handcuffs, empty trash bags (x2), flashlight, spare batteries, collapsible cooking set, sunglasses, ear pro, bug spray, deodorant, etc.

I also have a soft armor vest, boots, layers of clothing and additional meals, portable charger, and other items that could be used if staying around my vehicle... if I needed to bug out they could potentially be shouldered around in a separate bag.

I also water proofed everything in baggies... my best advise would be to prepare your kit like it's going to rain every day.

MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    Man, everyone had a little something different and a couple of things I didn't think about.

I should look into getting some of those high calorie bars.

What's up with the fence tool?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Man, everyone had a little something different and a couple of things I didn't think about.

I have an old one that I've used as a multitool for years, never actually built a fence with it lol but as familiar as I am with one I'm sure I could figure it out

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Its a multi tool of sorts and one never knows when getting "Through" a fence might be the thing to do.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Avoid stank ass, monkey butt. Baby wipes are a must.
    Also if you pack your kit into a bag, even if you have a waterproof bag, put everything into at least ziplock freezer bags.
    Keep heavy items close to your back for weight balance.
    Satellite phone, gps radio, foldup solar charger you can strap to the outside of your pack as you walk or spread over your shelter during camp. A battery charging unit for charging off the solar panel.
    Extra socks. Extra socks. Walking shoes. Military poncho. SoS Space blanket.
    Replace laces with fire 550 chord.
    Lensaic Compass. Waterproof blowup map of your AO.
    Inline water filter. Camelback bladder to put inside your bag.
    Nalgene bottle with a stainless cup it fits inside. Mole skin and duct tape. meds you take, and basic over the counter meds.. especially anti diarrheal like imodium.

I've tried to just list afee things that maybe others didnt or wont maybe. We all seem to know the basics.
    Someone mentioned the waterproof baggies and the wipes.
    Ex Military guys will never be without those.

Top Bottom