• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Homie across the street in the apartments decided to beat the **** out of his white old lady yesterday. I was standing out front looking like a idiot when the cops showed up. 2 county and 2 from surronding towns. Cop asked me if I saw anything or could hear anything. I just came outside after playing guitar and ukelele with the kids and was cleaning up a stump I'm burning off. I went inside and checked security cameras. 3 hours of off and on video he was beating on her. The one that pissed me off she ran right up into my yard. Right at the camera. I later realized it was a smart move for her to run to the camera. Told the cop to add trespassing on him. Swann 4K cameras at menards work really well. The camera that picked up the beginning of the fight is over 100 feet away. They might have been 10 feet outside the door when it picked them up.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Make sure if you buy 4k security cameras your computer and monitor can support them. I bought my wife a new laptop and had to buy a .99c codec driver to get them to play. Two cop came inside and took cell phone video of my tv. Another showed up today for the thumb drive and asked about the cameras. I told him they need a 4k tv or computer capable of 4k. This old beast computer won't work with any of my new toys.

Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    Don’t buy the zmodo cams, good value and good pictures but subrsciption price after a year for the app is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Glad you could help put the idiot away.

Also beware of HFWS brand if you are looking for cams. Super cheap 4k. Immediately sent it back when I realized the interface is Flash based. Flash is going to be no longer supported by any browsers after December of this year, so it will be VERY difficult to manage them later on.

Doesnt matter how cheap if I cant manage them later.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why is her race important to point out?

Also I have nest cameras, they work really well and have great res

Why is it important to call him out on his post. I see no issues with it actually.
    Just make your comment and leave it go.

I see this :poop: all the time in the city and it angers me to no end. But hey, lets all just hug it out and move along.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Worked on moms plumbing yesterday and today. Had to climb into a very tight spot in the basement under the bathroom and cut water lines to the tub. Used shark bite connectors to join 1/2 pex to 1/2 copper. Backed out through the hole I opened up in the block foundation and made contact with a knob and tube wire. Burn cream on my stomach and it feels like I've done 1000 situps. Fullmeataljesus today is Sunday at 2:22 am, Online church is in the morning at 10am please pm if interested I'll send you a link.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Thanks for the invite. I hope the sermon is about Psalms 137-9. Or perhaps the good wholesome family friendly story described here Genesis 19:30-38.

Again thanks for the invite but I must decline.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I picked up a set of Arlo cameras for the front. They are wireless and can be plugged in or use the included battery. Work really well. Caught the tractor that plowed(pun intended) into the back of my truck.

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    I picked up a set of Arlo cameras for the front. They are wireless and can be plugged in or use the included battery. Work really well. Caught the tractor that plowed(pun intended) into the back of my truck.

x2 on the Arlos. Super easy to setup and free cloud storage for up to 5 cameras. I do 4 on perimeter/entry points to my home and the 5th as a 'floater' inside that when we're on vacation I'll enable w/ the motion sensing. The Arlo alerts my phone almost instantly once a camera is triggered. If you want them to be less conspicuous and more weather proof, they have a variety of skins you can fit them in that make them pretty camouflaged.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    If you get a camera (wireless or hard wired) get the 4k (or better). That way you can actually see a face or license plate. Less than 4k looks like the old Bigfoot footage, or the useless bank surveillance cameras that show no details.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Swann system? We are researching wireless surveillance/security systems. It is very hard to make a decision! Husband is sold on wireless, wants audio, smart-phone compatible.
    I like the hard line system. No camera maint.
    My system has smart phone access. I can see my daughters system as well as mine. Gives us 16 camera overage.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The Swann system? We are researching wireless surveillance/security systems. It is very hard to make a decision! Husband is sold on wireless, wants audio, smart-phone compatible.
    I can't speak for the Swann, but we bought the Arlo Pro system. We don't have very good internet, but the smartphone interface is easy to use. If you go for Arlo get the Pro 2 at least.
    We upgraded our motion lights to brighter LEDs and they are full color when the lights are activated

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I can't speak for the Swann, but we bought the Arlo Pro system. We don't have very good internet, but the smartphone interface is easy to use. If you go for Arlo get the Pro 2 at least.
    We upgraded our motion lights to brighter LEDs and they are full color when the lights are activated
    our internet isn't the greatest, either. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    our internet isn't the greatest, either. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look!
    We were looking at the Blink before we bought the Arlos, but they went away from the free storage to having to pay for it. Some people hear have them and I'm not sure but some may have been able to keep the free storage. The Arlo we get 7 days of storage I think.

We had a wired setup at our old house and I liked them more, but the install was more involved and almost impossible for our layout here.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Ran swann for about 15 years. Had 4 ptzs which were awesome as well as 8 fixed.

Made the switch to another brand when we moved. Don't need what we did at the old place. They have worked just as well for around the same cost and features are comparable.

Top Bottom