When are people going to say enough and stand up to the destruction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhunt4work

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    If the government is not going to crush the violence how long will it be before the "people" say enough ans stand up against the destruction? Protest planned at Jefferson Point in Ft Wayne today and are the police going to be able to maintain this by themselves or will there be looting, fires etc.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If the government is not going to crush the violence how long will it be before the "people" say enough ans stand up against the destruction? Protest planned at Jefferson Point in Ft Wayne today and are the police going to be able to maintain this by themselves or will there be looting, fires etc.
    Are you going to be there?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Protest planned at Jefferson Point in Ft Wayne today and are the police going to be able to maintain this by themselves or will there be looting, fires etc.

Heard about this, what time is it scheduled to start at Jefferson Pointe? We live a quarter mile away.

Loaded up more magazines last night. Reviewed home defense plan with my wife this morning.

Been dealing with this crap all weekend at my downtown building.

dhunt4work

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    2:00 to 2:30 is the start time. I would stand next to others in defense of people and property, but we need numbers.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    2:00 to 2:30 is the start time. I would stand next to others in defense of people and property, but we need numbers.

But those people don't want us. Remember all the Gun Free Zone signs on all their doors? Perhaps the can just post a No Looting sign next to the GFZ signs. You reap what you sow.

I will be at home protecting my loved ones and property. J.P. can hire their own security.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This will last until November...

...or whatever the next liberal anti-Trump action is.

We should be happy that the riots ended the pandemic.
    :rolleyes:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Kudos on your civic mindedness. Seriously, but...

Daytime protests have generally been peaceful, and there's good reason to protest.

Unless you're defending your home and family; defending your business; helping someone defend theirs (with their invitation); the DA will certainly prosecute you as a vigilante looking for trouble. The rioters won't be your main problem

dhunt4work

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    I know what your saying and that most "stuff" happens at night, but there has been quite a bit of bad stuff before dark. The Target store in PA is standing because people came out and said no more. It's unfortunate, the police can't even defend themselves now without someone calling for their job i.e. Officer in NY who pulled is gun because his supervisor was pelted with a brick and NYPD officer pummeled yesterday afraid to defend himself. They're all in a tough spot because of the actions of a few.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They are all in a tough spot because of the actions of a communist terrorist organization that just wants to see the world burn...until it is their world to burn some more. It's not like those pallets of bricks delivered themselves...overnight...or that LA felt the need to riot for a cause in flyover country.

If it turns out to be anything like Ferguson the riots will go on and off for a year or more. The LSN will get bored with the repetition when it no longer feeds their narrative. The sheeple in the cities will do nothing but whine about why the government doesn't do more to stop it...then curse them if they try to stop it.

If they get to where I am I will defend my land and family (sticks head outside...no gunfire yet, no smoke of burning buildings), if they don't I'm not going to go looking for them to defend people who won't defend themselves.

daveh196803

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    People are. They're hunkered down, and some are armed to the teeth. I've already heard reports around the country of some Darwin award winners trying to break in to gun shops or other places and receiving the rooftop Korean treatment at 1200fps.
    I don't want to see how things will go if Antifa types decide to stir the pot in outlying areas.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Around here I think if you go out of your house and actually have to defend someone elses business you will be much more likely to get arrested and have the book thrown at you than if you are a looter from out of state lighting fires. Places where that is not true are probably not having any disturbances. How many of these businesses are actually hiring armed guards to protect their businesses or protecting them themselves anyway?

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    If you live in Marion county your city government has already failed you. The wanton destruction hijacked a peaceful protest. The silence of the mayor was pretty clear. We are not coming to help you. Defend yourselves. Until people take the initiative this will continue.

Jones1776

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2020
    fort wayne
    The police have no legal obligation to protect you. The supreme court has ruled on this in the past. Looks like the conservative areas of the country have stood up and protected themselves.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Around here I think if you go out of your house and actually have to defend someone elses business you will be much more likely to get arrested and have the book thrown at you than if you are a looter from out of state lighting fires. Places where that is not true are probably not having any disturbances. How many of these businesses are actually hiring armed guards to protect their businesses or protecting them themselves anyway?

Dead on with this one. IC allows you to protect yourself and your dwelling with deadly force but not your property (yes you can protect 3rd party also). You are allowed reasonable force to protect property. In Indiana pointing a firearm is considered deadly force. Choose your actions carefully. I really suggest spending some time with an attorney going over what you can and can't do if possible. I recently spent 4 1/2 hours listening to Guy Relford go over Indiana's gun laws where we got to ask him questions about different scenarios and I will say it's defiantly worth the money.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    Me personally I feel sorry for the police depts around the country, they have all been castrated and ostrasized by the ner do wells in our society, it breaks my heart that they can no longer do thier jobs for fear of charges being pushed on them, I know that some police have taken things too far, and they are being held acountable but 99 percent of them are just trying to do thier jobs now with thier hands tied behind thier backs. It's feel its going to get so far out of hand that the only option will be to bring the military in and regain control. And that is the last thing that we need. And as far as protecting things right now I am only going to worry bout my family and myself. I hate to be that way but even if we did go out and try to protect some businesses around our community we would be the one in trouble, we'd be called terrorist, racist and any other thing u could think of. It's terrible but it looks like the criminals have a hell of a lot more rights than us law abiding citizens. I really dont know what else to do at this point in time. But I will still stand up for what is right and call out the bs when it happens. You all be safe and keep informed about what is going on around u.

Top Bottom