• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just yesterday, I ran across a couple of old wrist rocket style slingshots that I have had for years. The bands were degraded so I started an Amazon search to find replacements.

Wow. Pretty big selection here. Made me think that if I really wanted to get back into this after many years, should I go this route or look at more modern platforms?

Same could be said for ammo. I'm not sure, but believe I'd like to cast my own while casting boolits for firearms? What caliber lead balls would be optimum to start practicing with?

TIA
    :ingo:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    cast what you plan to shoot. .45 or .50 suits me. Marbles work but are expensive for practice.

I seem to remember getting a bag of one hundred marbles for one dollar at the Tree. Been a while back though. They fly pretty true. Lead or steel ball bearings would seem to pack more of a punch wouldn't they?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was lucky a few times with the slingshot but never deadly. I'm hoping to train myself to be deadly.

Any recommendations for replacement bands? Mine are the surgical tubing style.

Suggestions for longer term storage for backup bands?

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I was lucky a few times with the slingshot but never deadly. I'm hoping to train myself to be deadly.

Any recommendations for replacement bands? Mine are the surgical tubing style.

Suggestions for longer term storage for backup bands?

Try to control temperature, ozone, humidity, and avoid uv exposure. I just keep mine in sealed bag in a drawer that's inside the house.

Some helpful links...

http://slingshotforum.com/topic/2819...ats-long-term/
    http://www.kentelastomer.com/natural...x-tubing-faqs/

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Not what I expected when I searched “sling shot” on duck duck go, but I like it! [h=1]Sling Shot Micro Mini Bikini Thong One-Piece Teddy[/h] C343981B-9273-4106-A9A4-5E1B3A6988B2.jpg

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I built a line launcher for getting ropes up into trees out of a wrist rocket and a cheap fishing reel. Works great. That led me to once again playing with sling shots which I hadn't done since I was a kid. I built one that used my crossbow cranking winch and fired a 1lb lead weight I cast. It would devastate a gallon jug of water.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have used walnuts to 9/16th inch bolts for ammo. My favorite is paint balls. A 1 1/2 inch long 9/16th inch bolt is devastating.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    It's 'stiffer' than surgical tubing, but a scuba shop will have spear gun tubing, it lasts MUCH longer and hits just as hard.

I got a spear gun sling with braided steel wire between two balls (go in the tubing),
    Twisted up a wire loop for the yoke, and shoot arrows out of mine.
    A 'Whisker Biscuit' (for bows) works in the yoke for arrows also.

It gets REAL SERIOUS with an arrow, deer killing serious...
    Most guys I know use a reel & arrow, shoot carp with them, good for cleaning out ponds.

Good exercise to chase the arthritis back... I plink a lot with mine.

Top Bottom