• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Read on the internet about the benefits of using corn silk tea. I guess the Indians have used it for years. Some of the benefits are: helps regulate blood sugar, helps lower blood pressure, helps clear up urinary tract infections, is good for the prostate, bladder and kidneys, also helps lower bad cholestrol. Since my sweet corn is done for the year I have been harvesting the cornsilk on the ears left in my corn patch. I dry it in a solar dryer then put it in canning jars. Use a tablespoon per cup of tea. Would be a good thing to have on hand in case of an emergency. I have took it now for a week and it seems to be doing a good job on flushing out my kidneys. It is also supposed to be a good remedy for kidney stones. Just google corn silk tea for more information.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Read on the internet about the benefits of using corn silk tea. I guess the Indians have used it for years. Some of the benefits are: helps regulate blood sugar, helps lower blood pressure, helps clear up urinary tract infections, is good for the prostate, bladder and kidneys, also helps lower bad cholestrol. Since my sweet corn is done for the year I have been harvesting the cornsilk on the ears left in my corn patch. I dry it in a solar dryer then put it in canning jars. Use a tablespoon per cup of tea. Would be a good thing to have on hand in case of an emergency. I have took it now for a week and it seems to be doing a good job on flushing out my kidneys. It is also supposed to be a good remedy for kidney stones. Just google corn silk tea for more information.

Sounds interesting, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for posting this. I started taking apple cider vinegar pills a month ago, and they have significantly lowered my blood sugar (by about 20%). Maybe the addition of corn silk tea will reduce it even more.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Sounds interesting, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for posting this. I started taking apple cider vinegar pills a month ago, and they have significantly lowered my blood sugar (by about 20%). Maybe the addition of corn silk tea will reduce it even more.

I have a hard time believing a 20% drop in your blood sugar with just taking vinegar pills, the few small studies done showed nothing like that.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I have a hard time believing a 20% drop in your blood sugar with just taking vinegar pills, the few small studies done showed nothing like that.

i changed NOTHING in my lifestyle, weight, or diet, other than the apple cider vinegar pills. My fasting blood sugar average for the 30 days prior to the pills was 183.0. After the pills my 30 day average was 123.6 (almost a 30% drop), and it is STILL going down. This month I am on track for about a 114 average. Everyones body is different, so I can only attest to MY experience.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    i changed NOTHING in my lifestyle, weight, or diet, other than the apple cider vinegar pills. My fasting blood sugar average for the 30 days prior to the pills was 183.0. After the pills my 30 day average was 123.6 (almost a 30% drop), and it is STILL going down. This month I am on track for about a 114 average. Everyones body is different, so I can only attest to MY experience.
    The benefits of apple cider vinegar are many. A friend of mine who took them claimed they helped lower his blood pressure. My wife took them for awhile to help with weight loss. They definitely worked, everyone would ask her what she was doing to loose weight. when she told them taking apple cider vinegar pills they didn't believer her.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    If you are interested in natural food plants and or remedies. There is a good book titled Wild Food Plants of Indiana and Adjacent States. I believe its by Alan McPherson. It has drawn in pics, but (don’t laugh) I took and colored them with colored pencil to help in ID plus I retain the info better. It has all info on plants how to prepare and old time knowledge.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I have found that if you add an Earl Grey tea bag to the corn silk tea, that you cannot detect any flavor difference over Earl Grey tea made with plain water, but you get the benefits of the corn silk

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    I have found that if you add an Earl Grey tea bag to the corn silk tea, that you cannot detect any flavor difference over Earl Grey tea made with plain water, but you get the benefits of the corn silk
    I'll have to try that, HK. Thanks for the tip. I now have three Qt. fruit jars full of dried corn silks. You can really stuff a lot of cornsilks in a fruit jar.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I rather like it just plain...tastes kind of like tea. If you need your tea sweet or otherwise doctored feel free to experiment.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom