• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I wonder if a vehicle window cracked open just a bit makes it more or less resistant to impact.

My thinking is that it makes the window a little less "tight", under less pressure versus what happens when it's all sealed in the window groove, so there'd be a bit more give to the window. But, then again, does glass under tension have more strength, because of the tension?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wonder if a vehicle window cracked open just a bit makes it more or less resistant to impact.

My thinking is that it makes the window a little less "tight", under less pressure versus what happens when it's all sealed in the window groove, so there'd be a bit more give to the window. But, then again, does glass under tension have more strength, because of the tension?

If these turd eaters were smart that would have spring loaded center punches. They go right through a car window. Its what LEO and Firemen carry.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gabe has good insights. This video is full of them.

Years back, I switched from the 1911 to the Glock platform at least partially from watching Saurez videos on terrorist active shooters.

OP - I didn't know Vimeo video would embed. Do you do it the same as YouTube vids?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

You are correct. Awindow down 1" and free from the upper seals is exponentially harder to break than a fully sealed window. partially open it can flex. You dont get that flex when its supported on all sides.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    OP - I didn't know Vimeo video would embed. Do you do it the same as YouTube vids?

When you paste a video link, it lists the following compatible platforms at the bottom:
    Hulu YouTube (Long) YouTube (Short) Vimeo Dailymotion Metacafe Google facebook Facebook Shares

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ugh. Aint working for me in chrome or explorer? Numerous attempts, but I'm an idiot...

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You are correct. Awindow down 1" and free from the upper seals is exponentially harder to break than a fully sealed window. partially open it can flex. You dont get that flex when its supported on all sides.

But then there's something to grab and pull...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There's one for sale in the classies right now. I'd never heard of them before I saw that one.

Developed by a police officer, Alfred Crouch, so he could shoot while driving. Easy to shoot with right hand, out either window, or forward if held in the left.

Top Bottom