• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    For those of you in areas that are more affected by the current state of the world (riots, looting, etc) how concerned are you for post election violence? I can't see either side accepting the results of this election. Are you doing anything different than your normal precautions? Where I live isn't likely to have much going on, but my daughter lives in Indy and I'm not ruling out spending a few days up there if need be.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I don't expect my neighbors to get too unruly either way...

IMG_1016.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Indiana resident but currently living in a South Chicago suburb working in Chicago... i am preparing for it to get bad. There is a lot of trump support around here, surprisingly. I think either way the election swings, there will be violence. I am preparing my house in Lafayette to have the wife and daughter hide out there. I have to work and have most of all I have in the area. I will remain to keep an eye out.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    And when does the SHTF?

I am assuming there will be no definitive results the night of Nov. 3rd. Thinking this will play out for a week or more before someone gets anywhere close to conceding and thus the need for violence.

Friday/Saturday Nov. 6/7 ?? If the weather is nice and winter pajamas are not required the kids will want to go outside and play.

Sunday Nov. 8 ?? The Sunday morning political shows will be to the point where they just have to declare a winner or at least declare that Trump stole the election.

Wednesday Nov. 11 ?? Veterans Day but not a holiday the kids care about and most aren't working jobs anyway.

Late November or December ?? After the dimples and chads are counted and the Supreme Court declares a winner. Wonder if Amy gets to write the majority opinion.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    For those of you in areas that are more affected by the current state of the world (riots, looting, etc) how concerned are you for post election violence? I can't see either side accepting the results of this election. Are you doing anything different than your normal precautions? Where I live isn't likely to have much going on, but my daughter lives in Indy and I'm not ruling out spending a few days up there if need be.

If there is the potential for violence in Indy it's much better to have your daughter come to you rather than inserting yourself into a violent situation.

For me, training has become paramount. Lots of dry fire with some live fire sprinkled in to make sure progress is being made. Getting gear in order is another good use of time. Making sure load outs and go bags are ready and easy to grab in case we need to go mobile. My kids and I are in an apartment so I'm not planning to stick around and protect property if the mobs come here. Although that's pretty unlikely in the suburbs of Hamilton County.

Plan like you would for a natural disaster. Keep the pantry stocked with canned goods, water, medical supplies, etc. Keep the gas tank of the vehicles full. If violence does come it will likely disrupt supply chains worse than COVID did.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    If there is the potential for violence in Indy it's much better to have your daughter come to you rather than inserting yourself into a violent situation.

For me, training has become paramount. Lots of dry fire with some live fire sprinkled in to make sure progress is being made. Getting gear in order is another good use of time. Making sure load outs and go bags are ready and easy to grab in case we need to go mobile. My kids and I are in an apartment so I'm not planning to stick around and protect property if the mobs come here. Although that's pretty unlikely in the suburbs of Hamilton County.

Plan like you would for a natural disaster. Keep the pantry stocked with canned goods, water, medical supplies, etc. Keep the gas tank of the vehicles full. If violence does come it will likely disrupt supply chains worse than COVID did.

I totally agree but I also know how stubborn my daughter can be. :):

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Meh...I think there may be "protests" and they would likely be concentrated downtown in whatever city you reside. I don't expect any activity in the burbs. It wouldn't make any sense to just randomly go around trashing homes when you don't know who voted for who, unless of course you have political signs in your yard.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I took some extra precautions during the last stint of riots. I'll make a few more changes around the house to place myself at a greater advantage. Regardless as to who wins I'm expecting some form or less than peaceful protest.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    My daughter lives up in Indy too, while the rest of us are down in Jeffersonville (near Louisville - all kinds of fun going on there). I will probably plan some sort of trip up to her to do something on her house after the election just to give me a warm fuzzy feeling in regards to her safety. I do not go anywhere unarmed now... God help anyone who tries to hurt her.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Meh...unless of course you have political signs in your yard.

Up around us there seem to be fewer signs for either Presidential candidate this cycle than in past elections and it's gotten so someone different is whining almost every day on a farcebook page associated with our town about theft of them. Can anyone show evidence of yard sign swaying anyone's vote?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    There are a few long-term social events that I am putting on hold for now, and I'm not the only one. More time to reorganize and reload. Polish the action plan. Inventory. Charge the batteries. Check the flashlights.

It's not "are you paranoid?" but "are you paranoid enough?"

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I work an unarmed/ undercover security job in Indy. With covid we're even more restricted and aren't even supposed to contact PD for theft, suspicious behavior, etc. That said, crime has to be up everywhere in the city. Just from my small sample at work, we're seeing a large increase in crime. Like a 600% increase. I think people have realized how easy it is to be criminal in a city... especially when you're face is covered with a mask.

My eyes are open. It's happening now and I'm prepared for more if it comes my way.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Meh...I think there may be "protests" and they would likely be concentrated downtown in whatever city you reside. I don't expect any activity in the burbs. It wouldn't make any sense to just randomly go around trashing homes when you don't know who voted for who, unless of course you have political signs in your yard.

It hasn't stopped them yet..

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Up around us there seem to be fewer signs for either Presidential candidate this cycle than in past elections and it's gotten so someone different is whining almost every day on a farcebook page associated with our town about theft of them. Can anyone show evidence of yard sign swaying anyone's vote?

100% no lol. They are pretty much worthless in my opinion, thus why I don't sport them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

For a major race? Nope.

City Council? Yes.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom