• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    There are many, but I consider this the best overall as it covers pretty much the entire spectrum- financial, food production, communications, defense, handling disasters, medical, etc, etc.

The Survival Podcast by Jack Spirko

Tagline: Helping you live a better life, if times get tough or even if they don't.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I have enjoyed a few episodes from Casual Preppers (definitely a laid back tone but good insights that aren’t extreme).

The Prepper Website Podcast has also put some good stuff.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sorry for the generalization, but a lot of modern preppers fall into the category of homesteaders. There is a lot of YouTube and the like on this.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Sorry for the generalization, but a lot of modern preppers fall into the category of homesteaders. There is a lot of YouTube and the like on this.

It is a generalization, but not an unreasonable one. If you have time to sit and watch videos, then YouTube works fine. I get a good amount from there.
    However, podcasts are the only form of media that you can consume while doing other things- exercising, driving, working around the house, etc.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Rob Hanus used to do The Preparedness Podcast thepreparednesspodcast.com. I found it a good listen and I liked his delivery. No new content over the last few years, but some good archived episodes. I also listen to the Prepper Website podcast. Todd Sepulveda does a good job at pushing content out at the cost of sometimes not the highest quality.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Another one I enjoyed was the In The Rabbit Hole (intherabbithole.com) urban survival podcast. Again, another one that isn’t putting out new content, but it was from a younger group of hosts and sometimes it sounded like friends just hanging out. Good quality most of the time and a fun listen while driving.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

There's a really cool one by this Russian guy who's building a cabin in Karelia. Last episode, he put a bear-proof door on his cabin - carved the hinge dowels and everything.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Okay, so Spirko had a great, thought provoking podcast today on the topic of the "The Great Reset." I'm half-afraid to post a thread, though, because the last one got locked. :):

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Prepping 2.0 (Glen Tait of 299 Days book series and Shelby Gallagher his wife of the Great State book series) This is fairly new, but has some good stuff
    If you want to pay for one, the Forward Observer is good intel. I do not pay for it, but I get the free ones he puts out every once in a while.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Prepper Recon with Mark Goodwin is a good one. He also authors many good apocalyptic type fiction thrillers, if you like that.

Top Bottom