• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone have a line on Molle LOOP panels on one side with velcro HOOKS on the other? All I can seem to find is the opposite. (Molle Straps with velcro loops)

Ive got a voodoo tactical Molle med kit I keep in my SUV. I want to move it from the back cargo area to the back of the passenger seat headrest for easier access. Its got 2 molle straps and is about the size of a car headrest. I want to strap that bag to a hook panel to mount it to a loop panel that wraps around the headrest.

Ive googled a bit, but coming up short. Anyone?

Last edited:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    So the back of the med kit itself is loop? And the panel that it tears away from is hook?

My three suggestions:

1. Zip tie/paracord the MOLLE attachment to the headrest, and remove the ifak as needed; or

2. Use some Velcro one wrap around the headrest and mount the pouch to the appropriate side of the one wrap.

(Although if the “hook” side of the one wrap is exposed, anyone with long hair or fuzzy caps will get stuck to the headrest!)

3. Stick some adhesive-backed Velcro to the headrest and mount the pouch. (Resale, residue, etc.)

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Is it a tear-away pouch like this one?

https://www.ebay.com/c/7008015501

Or just a regular MOLLE-strapped pouch?

If it’s the latter, I think I’m tracking now. I’m thinking, but my first instinct would be to thread the MOLLE straps into any webbing yo get them out of the way, then tie it up with paracord with a bow knot. Need the kit, pull the bow know and the kit comes loose. I’m pondering for something more swanky.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is it a tear-away pouch like this one?

https://www.ebay.com/c/7008015501

Or just a regular MOLLE-strapped pouch?

If it’s the latter, I think I’m tracking now. I’m thinking, but my first instinct would be to thread the MOLLE straps into any webbing yo get them out of the way, then tie it up with paracord with a bow knot. Need the kit, pull the bow know and the kit comes loose. I’m pondering for something more swanky.

Just Molle strapped. I need to turn those molle straps into hook velcro.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    What about a molle placard for a plate carrier
    they have positive velcro on the back. Probably a little bigger than your headrest, but if you get a cheap one you could cut a little off and not feel bad about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What about a molle placard for a plate carrier
    they have positive velcro on the back. Probably a little bigger than your headrest, but if you get a cheap one you could cut a little off and not feel bad about it.

All the ones Im finding have velcro loops (fuzzies) on the back. I need the rough velcro hooks.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Vanquest, Vertx, and I believe 5.11 all have these types of panels to convert molle pouches to velcro

Last edited:
    Top Bottom