Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just heard about this yesterday.

Fact Sheet: Explaining Operation Warp Speed
    What's the goal?
    Operation Warp Speed's goal is to produce and deliver 300 million doses of safe and effective vaccines with the initial doses available by January 2021, as part of a broader strategy to accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics (collectively known as countermeasures).

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/explaining-operation-warp-speed/index.html

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I know two people involved in the Pfizer mRNA trial, one in the Moderna mRNA trial.

All had symptoms VERY similar to that of an influenza or tetanus vaccine (soreness at injection site, slightly increased temperature but below 100F, mild fatigue, etc.) for a day or two after each round in the trial, indicating they got vaccine not placebo.

None of the three have any lingering side effects, grown a second rectum, or turned into I Am Legend vampires.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I wonder how many employers, businesses, stores will require proof of vaccine before receiving service or employment? Will these requirements be the precursor to "the chip"? I believe I heard one of the airlines was going to make it mandatory if flying with them (Quantas?).

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Ever hear of "Get woke, go broke"? It means that if you intentionally offend and **** off a significant segment of your customers, you will lose business. I predict the same for Quantas.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Had a doctor appt yesterday, He asked me if i would take the vaccine when offered, my reply was hell no not until i see that it isn't harming people and that it isn't chipped like bill gates wants it to be. I also told him i wouldn't be tested for covid also as i feel there is a problem with testing!!!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad the British are going to get the vaccine before The Colonies. It will be interesting to see how well that goes.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just what I want... RUSHED medical care!

ILS.gif

You guys can have mine.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'll take it when it's my turn.
    I'll be next in line, after my wife*.

If I understand it right, Operation Warp Speed short cuts some governmental regulations to get an arguably desirable product out to market quicker, where (having not seen actual proof to the contrary) it will distributed to those that want it, on a priority basis.

As a capitalist, I fail to see the problem.

Of course, if you're leery of it, don't get it.

As to XXX is going to require it, let's cross that bridge when we get there; I don't even think construction on it has commenced, just talk.

* She actually get respiratory diseases pretty easily, unlike me.

res04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Testing

Glad the British are going to get the vaccine before The Colonies. It will be interesting to see how well that goes.
    If there is a problem do you think they would tell us the truth? I don't think so. Just like they aren't with current testing. Just saying. Not trying to start anything.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    The hospital I work in expects the first doses to arrive in a couple of weeks, enough for probably 10% of employees. High risk direct patient care workers look to be the first in line, but the KY governor is struggling in the polls so who knows where he'll send them. It is voluntary as of now, but I suspect it'll be mandatory next year by the way they are presenting the info to the employees (...vaccine is not mandatory at this time, but it is highly encouraged... etc). The SARs 1 vaccine is already in our yearly mandatory flu shots, so I can reasonably expect this one to be no different in the future.

I'll be getting it when offered. I'm an anesthesia tech who works on ventilators. For both patient safety and my own, not to mention I'd like to see my father who had half a lung removed this year and is in poor health; the benefits outweigh the risks. I'm not married and have no kids and am young and healthy, but did have chronic bronchitis as a child and smoked for many years on and off in my late teens-early 30's.

Top Bottom