Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: EMP projects

Quote Originally Posted by sgt1968 View Post
    where is the best place to get info on what a emp will take out .if anyone finds a good site let us know .
    There aren't any.

That's why this thread is full of theory, conjecture, and speculation. People love to fear the boogeyman.

Anything that has a conductive circuit is affected. In many cases, an open circuit can be affected as well, depending on the resistance of the break and the strength of the pulse.

Radio/telecomm, modern vehicles, power stations, computers, traffic control, plant controls, possibly generators, etc. If it plugs in or has batteries, it's susceptable.

The only way to protect equipment is to harden it, or keep it in a Faraday cage. Being the only one with a working phone doesn't do you much good, and having the only working car will only last you so long. It's a big threat on a National/Regional scale, but I doubt doing much about it will do any good. Make sure your beans, bullets, and bandages are squared away, and that's your 80% solution with 20% effort.
    The Church Militant needs to be a little more church, and a lot more militant!

I would also add that in some strategically-minded circles, nukes would be most likely used by enemy states to attack infrastructure, rather than population centers. Leaving Chicago a smoking pit earns you retaliatory strikes on Nanking, but atmospheric bursts that collapse the Eastern US powergrid are far less likely of triggering MAD.

Remember, our enemies are waging and are far likelier to win an economic war, rather than a shooting war. Take out American technology, and we're back to 19th Century settlements with very limited ability to project power/influence abroad.
    The Church Militant needs to be a little more church, and a lot more militant!

Invest in a faraday cage, gentlemen
    RSO, Basic Pistol, Muzzleloading Rifle, Rifle, Shotgun, Level 1 Archery, Eagle Scout

Quote Originally Posted by VGFsirius View Post
    Invest in a faraday cage, gentlemen
    Somehow, I think your ROI is going to be very, very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Somehow, I think your ROI is going to be very, very poor.
    Lol I would have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by Emiller View Post
    Lol I would have to agree
    What are you after? One liners in the middle of the night won't win you any friends.

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)1045" border="0" alt="" />

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    You could protect your current (read car with electrically components) by building a Faraday cage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Off course this requires that you have the car or TV or radio or PC or whatever **INSIDE** the cage when the blast goes off.

However its a mute point really because even if the car survives you are now target #1 for zombies everywhere. Why? An EMP blast is going to disable all our current cars, our electrical system, our manufacturing, etc.. In essence everything in our society! .,

Moot, not mute.
    It requires an O'dark30 workout, not layin' in the fart sack.

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Moot, not mute.
    He wrote eight years ago! Even I have a statue of limitations for grammar and vocabulary corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    He wrote eight years ago! Even I have a statue of limitations for grammar and vocabulary corrections.

Now that's some funny ****, right there.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast