Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 103 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 5594

User Info Menu

Started reading up on BOB (I've always heard of them as GTH, as in when everything Goes To Hell, you grab your bag and go.)

BOB: Started looking for a good bag to build kit around. Doing some pricing of basic items.

Home: The wife and I have been talking preps, and starting to come up with disaster plans. She is clearing us a spot in the basement to put up some shelves. Bank account got pretty depleted with christmas, and buying my new sidearm. I stuck with a .40, so that both of our ammo was interchangeable.

Looks like we'll start with some water, and some MRE's.

Cars: Looking at pre-prepared emergency kits for in vehicles. Did some pricing. She found a pre-packaged kit she likes, but I'm still a bit hesitant. I'd rtather build my own, but it'll at least get us started. Add in a fire extinquisher, and we're set for most road emergencies that we might happen across.

Starting to put together some binders for SHTF manuals.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TaunTaun View Post
    Started reading up on BOB (I've always heard of them as GTH, as in when everything Goes To Hell, you grab your bag and go.)

BOB: Started looking for a good bag to build kit around. Doing some pricing of basic items.

Home: The wife and I have been talking preps, and starting to come up with disaster plans. She is clearing us a spot in the basement to put up some shelves. Bank account got pretty depleted with christmas, and buying my new sidearm. I stuck with a .40, so that both of our ammo was interchangeable.

Looks like we'll start with some water, and some MRE's.

Cars: Looking at pre-prepared emergency kits for in vehicles. Did some pricing. She found a pre-packaged kit she likes, but I'm still a bit hesitant. I'd rtather build my own, but it'll at least get us started. Add in a fire extinquisher, and we're set for most road emergencies that we might happen across.

Starting to put together some binders for SHTF manuals.
    In car "kits" I have seen are lacking. You would be money and material ahead to build your own. Include a good wool blanket or 2 if you have children. A "Good" set of gloves is a must for winter emergency's. You can build from there.

User Info Menu

i look down
    pull the slide back partially
    see one in the chamber
    can still think on my own
    yep im ready

User Info Menu

Nothing, took the week off, it's Christmas.

Wishing you and yours an enjoyable holiday season, from me and mine, be well..

TJ
    TJ
    Don't be afraid of the dark. Be Ready for it!!

User Info Menu

Recieved my new couch that I ordered. I suppose that means I'm not bugging out anytime soon so I'll just relax and enjoy the season.
    Merry Christmas everybody.

Bob

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Received my (2) slightly used Military ALICE back packs UPS and started organizing everything in the spare room. You guys have set me on a whole new path. Don't know if this counts but I added (2) new 12 gauge shot guns to the cabinet. Bought some bulk ammo at Bradis II.
    The wife was totally involved with Christmas so me staying in the spare room and out of her way was another Blessing. I have to play Santa for the grand kids now so I am out. Merry Christmas to all.

User Info Menu

Christmas morning brought me a few extra pistol and long gun rugs, a new cleaning kit, hard copy of The Zombie Survival Guide and an Eton American Red Cross radio thingy.

Moved more supplies into the bug-in room, including fire extinguisher, batteries, flashlights and candles.

Plan to take time in the next couple days to buy a deep cycle battery and a trickle charger. Add that to some 12 volt lights and the inverter for quiet time when the generator is too noisy.

Now playing video games with the kids. Hey, it's hand-eye coordination training.

User Info Menu

Installed tritium night sights on two of the pistols.
    Applied glow paint to the sights on 3 M70AB2s.
    Reloaded the AK and CETME mags after a range trip.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

Expert

User Info Menu

Ammo:
    150 9mm FMJ
    50 9mm JHP
    25 20Ga. #4
    5 20Ga Buckshot
    2 boxes of strike anywhere matches.
    Movers pad for the car kit.

User Info Menu

Sighted in my Christmas gift and another rifle and pistol. Also did some practice with my main carry pistol.

Carrying a gun sometimes is like wearing a condom sometimes!!