Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 560 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

rotated and used some of the back up food....kids liked it!

slept on the front porch, in my sleeping bag and woke up with the dog licked my face at 8 am...
    "I know of you"

User Info Menu

Went shooting today with the wife. I'm so proud of her and her new Marlin 1895 in .44 mag.. Goal is to get that deer, and process at least one ourselves.

We have bought a canning kit (hot water bath) and plan on canning stuff soon. I've organized our extra food on a Metro Shelf in our pantry and have been trying to fill in the gaps. We've also become more financially organized which has helped us be more together on preps...Thanks Dave Ramsey!

Bought a meat processing/butchering book, "The Ball Book of canning recipes", Rawles new book "TEOTWAWKI", and Carla Emery's book, "Encyclopedia of Country Living", all good resources. Oh, got a service manual for my Stihl 017, and a parts book, cheap by the way ...

Showed the wife how to split wood, and bought an extra maul...Not all in the last week, but the last couple of weeks. We've been trying to check things of the list, buy a little extra, get organized, try things out etc. It's been good!

User Info Menu

Bought a case of water and some canned soups.

User Info Menu

I have anti-prepped. I have had to start dipping into the shelf stable food I started to accumulate.
    When in doubt, JFC.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I bought some stuff, lol.
    But the biggest find...
    I was working kinda out in the middle of nowhere and I found a gun shop!
    Great ammo prices!

Plinker

User Info Menu

I haven't done much as I'm having a tussle with pneumonia.

On the way home from the old house I picked up my log lifter prepping for cutting firewood when I'm feeling better. Most lifters have a solid bar which rests on the ground to raise the log 8-10 inches. Mine has a heavy sheet metal plate which gives you a footprint about 9X12 inches and spreads the load bearing out. It's great if the ground is even slightly soft.

User Info Menu

I haven't really added much in the way of supplies, did check over expiration dates etc. We are to the point of the big ticket items like generators, water filters, and a back up heat source.

I was able to score some primers this week, I'll put a few rounds in the ammo box. If fishing is prepping me and the boys might do some prepping this week after school, before the weather gets too cold.

Does anyone else dehydrate? If not, its an excelent way to prep. Don

User Info Menu

We have a dehydrator that we recieved as a wedding gift; I haven't used it, yet. I'd like to build a solar box and take advantage of all that "free" energy. We talked about getting some apples to dry. I'd really like to try and make some bitabong this year too (South African game drying method).

I got a line on some firewood yesterday. Friend has slabwood, I can have some of it if I cut all of it, additionally he has treetops that can be cut, same deal. So we're getting there!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I have anti-prepped. I have had to start dipping into the shelf stable food I started to accumulate.
    Although it won't help your personal situation, I'd like to congratulate you on having already had preps in place. Disasters aren't always "the big one", and prepping can assist you in many different ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by HICKMAN View Post
    we've done this once before and the lady in the group kicked our butts!
    "Freedom... is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again."
    ---Ronald Reagan, 1967

User Info Menu

Attempting today to resurrect our online backup subscription for Quicken financial files.
    I have no idea if they are EMP-proof or what, but at least if we have a house fire I won't lose all our data!

Quote Originally Posted by HICKMAN View Post
    we've done this once before and the lady in the group kicked our butts!
    "Freedom... is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again."
    ---Ronald Reagan, 1967

Page 2 of 560 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast