Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 560 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Bought some more can goods , nuts and peanut butter .
    It isn't serendipity , it's willful genocide .

User Info Menu

today was staple day.....

restocked the bulk stuff
    "I know of you"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by misconfig View Post
    I finally got around to putting my 50lb bag of rice in to mylar bags and sealed them in 5-gallon buckets with O2 absorbers. Also, trying to get a decent amount " about 25 lbs" of beans in order to do the same.
    Where does one find the mylar bags, 5-gallon buckets and O2 absorbers? Also, how many buckets does it take to store a 50lb bag of rice? Are the 5-gallon buckets rated "food grade" or do you just use the ones from the hardware store?

As for what I have done this week.....water, canned goods, ramen noodles, ammo, organized the stores, tested my camp stove that I haven't used in a couple of years, went shooting. Also discussed "the plan" with my wife and discussed future plans.

FWIW: Kroger has cans of "Chunky Soup" for $0.99/can, about $0.60 off regular price. I thought that was a good deal. I wouldn't mind eating it when it gets close to the "expiration" date.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pjcalla View Post
    Where does one find the mylar bags, 5-gallon buckets and O2 absorbers? Also, how many buckets does it take to store a 50lb bag of rice? Are the 5-gallon buckets rated "food grade" or do you just use the ones from the hardware store?

As for what I have done this week.....water, canned goods, ramen noodles, ammo, organized the stores, tested my camp stove that I haven't used in a couple of years, went shooting. Also discussed "the plan" with my wife and discussed future plans.

FWIW: Kroger has cans of "Chunky Soup" for $0.99/can, about $0.60 off regular price. I thought that was a good deal. I wouldn't mind eating it when it gets close to the "expiration" date.
    We stocked up on that also. Chunky soup agrees with our system. If I eat a bean meal more than once a week, my stomach and everyone around me is SORRY!

User Info Menu

I just weighted a two gallon bucket of rice and it came to 17 lbs. I also weighted an empty bucket and it came to right at one pound. So it looks like 8 lbs. of rice per gal.

We get our buckets free from the bakery and deli at Kroger’s and Walmart.

Bucky
    Last edited by Bucky623; 11-13-2009 at 20:44.
    \_(ツ)_/

Plinker

User Info Menu

Convinced the wife to keep replacing and building up the amount of canned goods we use on a regular basis. With the dollar heading down, I don't think we will ever get things cheaper than right now. (She was on board with the "hedge against inflation" take.) She still looks at me sideways on some other prep type things, but she lets me do it nonetheless. One day I may look like a genius!!!!
    Can you filter water in a tin-foil hat?

User Info Menu

Changed my diet. I have started eating healthier. I eat smaller portions with healthy snacks in between meals. This has been tuff for me. I have always been the type of person to eat until I feel ready to bust and then eat some more.

What is the point in prepping if you have a heart attack when something goes down? I owe it to myself and my kids to take better care of myself.
    When in doubt, JFC.

User Info Menu

Stocked up on some more canned goods and non-perishables. Packaged some heirloom seeds I had drying from the garden.

Bucky
    \_(ツ)_/

User Info Menu

That is wise

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Changed my diet. I have started eating healthier. I eat smaller portions with healthy snacks in between meals. This has been tuff for me. I have always been the type of person to eat until I feel ready to bust and then eat some more.

What is the point in prepping if you have a heart attack when something goes down? I owe it to myself and my kids to take better care of myself.
    I'm like you I love to eat, I try to eat less, eat healthier.Along those lines, preppers should also see the Doctor and the Dentist regularly. That way you can avoid a heart attack or bad tooth at the WORSE time.

User Info Menu

I bought another 3k rounds of 22lr. Was going to pick up a case of MREs but I just cant bring myself to spend money on those meals from the devil, so canned food it is.

Appleseed rifleman!

Page 3 of 560 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast