• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I'm resurecting this thread from the past, asking, what you have done to prep this week?

I have found myself not preping as much the past few weeks, so I'm restarting this thread to get people talking again.

As fall turns to winter I find myself thinking about snowstorms and being stranded for days, no electricity, heat, cable :xmad: , lets chime in about what you do this week to prepare for an event.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    My wife and I have been cleaning house. We're getting rid of what we don't need, and organizing what we're keeping. Tripping over things in your house during a winter power outage isn't any fun. Keep the clutter down and you'll be thankful for it later.

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    we got our weekly $30 extra of food. i fixed my genny:yesway:. i put a new multi tool in the bag i keep in my truck. myself and z350 worked on our radio problem wich was to pich them and start fresh.and last i started to work on the new spot for our food storage. felt like alot but after writing it out it was not alot :ugh:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    We finished making sauer kraut last Sunday. I had enough cabbage in the garden to make a crock full, and I'd always wanted to try to make it to make some of the garden produce more practical for long term storage.

Login | Facebook

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Got a new sleeping bag from Cabella's
    2 100 hour candles
    2 small water filters
    small medical supplies
    wool blanket
    strike anywhere matches

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I finally got around to putting my 50lb bag of rice in to mylar bags and sealed them in 5-gallon buckets with O2 absorbers. Also, trying to get a decent amount " about 25 lbs" of beans in order to do the same.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Never ending job.

More MREs, beefed up the first aid kit with an IFAK and misc. supplies, reloaded 200 rnds of .45acp. It never ends.

It's always better to be prepared. After your computer crashes is not a good time to make a backup.:D

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    rotated and used some of the back up food....kids liked it!

slept on the front porch, in my sleeping bag and woke up with the dog licked my face at 8 am...

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Went shooting today with the wife. I'm so proud of her and her new Marlin 1895 in .44 mag.. Goal is to get that deer, and process at least one ourselves.

We have bought a canning kit (hot water bath) and plan on canning stuff soon. I've organized our extra food on a Metro Shelf in our pantry and have been trying to fill in the gaps. We've also become more financially organized which has helped us be more together on preps...Thanks Dave Ramsey!

Bought a meat processing/butchering book, "The Ball Book of canning recipes", Rawles new book "TEOTWAWKI", and Carla Emery's book, "Encyclopedia of Country Living", all good resources. Oh, got a service manual for my Stihl 017, and a parts book, cheap by the way ...

Showed the wife how to split wood, and bought an extra maul...Not all in the last week, but the last couple of weeks. We've been trying to check things of the list, buy a little extra, get organized, try things out etc. It's been good!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I have anti-prepped. I have had to start dipping into the shelf stable food I started to accumulate. :noway:

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I bought some stuff, lol.
    But the biggest find...
    I was working kinda out in the middle of nowhere and I found a gun shop!
    Great ammo prices!

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    I haven't done much as I'm having a tussle with pneumonia.

On the way home from the old house I picked up my log lifter prepping for cutting firewood when I'm feeling better. Most lifters have a solid bar which rests on the ground to raise the log 8-10 inches. Mine has a heavy sheet metal plate which gives you a footprint about 9X12 inches and spreads the load bearing out. It's great if the ground is even slightly soft.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I haven't really added much in the way of supplies, did check over expiration dates etc. We are to the point of the big ticket items like generators, water filters, and a back up heat source.

I was able to score some primers this week, I'll put a few rounds in the ammo box. If fishing is prepping me and the boys might do some prepping this week after school, before the weather gets too cold.

Does anyone else dehydrate? If not, its an excelent way to prep. :patriot: Don

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    We have a dehydrator that we recieved as a wedding gift; I haven't used it, yet. I'd like to build a solar box and take advantage of all that "free" energy. We talked about getting some apples to dry. I'd really like to try and make some bitabong this year too (South African game drying method).

I got a line on some firewood yesterday. Friend has slabwood, I can have some of it if I cut all of it, additionally he has treetops that can be cut, same deal. So we're getting there!

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    I have anti-prepped. I have had to start dipping into the shelf stable food I started to accumulate. :noway:

Although it won't help your personal situation, I'd like to congratulate you on having already had preps in place. Disasters aren't always "the big one", and prepping can assist you in many different ways.:)

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Attempting today to resurrect our online backup subscription for Quicken financial files.
    I have no idea if they are EMP-proof or what, but at least if we have a house fire I won't lose all our data!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom