Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 532 of 544 FirstFirst ... 32 432 482 522 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 542 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 5438
    I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crandall Crank View Post
    Just picked up a back up generator. Yes, two is one and one is none...best part is that it was free, they got tired of storing it. Looks like new
    A for sure win...

I was going to wait for this weekend and run some more fuel out of both trucks. Top off from the reserves and take advantage of the low gs prices in the area.
    I may have waited to long. Just goes to show......do not wait. Just do it. Fuel went from $2.05 to $2.35 over night. Not sure what it is this morning.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I finally got around to getting a good start on an IFAK / med kit.

I picked up one of the Condor tear away EMT pouches recently and started loading it up with the basics.

The Indy Military Surplus store on E. Washington St. has a bunch of the old gen CAT tourniquets for $29.95 if anyone is looking for a place to pick them up around Indy.

I also found a powdered blood clotting agent at Wally World called "Bleed Stop" which was under $5 for a pack of three. Much cheaper than Quick Clot pre treated sponges.
    Spent a little time on the mountain. Spent a little time on the hill.

User Info Menu

That "Bleed Stop" looks like it could be a good thing. I have not tried it yet though...thankfully.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I had a big piece of humble pie at the range.

I hadn't shot in a while, and thought I still had it. Not only that, I thought I'd take out the old 1911 for a little vintage session of gunfire goodness. Well, after just over 150rds downrange I had a cold splash of water in the face reminding me how much I sucked and need to practice. I just couldn't hit a thing, and that pistol and I usually have a good range session together. Honestly, before that night I'd been thinking about putting it in the jeep as the console gun.

Anyway, I got my ego checked. That's a pretty good prep in itself.

Hardware wise, within the last two months I've made a couple Christmas/Birthday purchases of a Kestrel 5700 with applied ballistics software, and a magneto speed chronograph.

I intend to use the chronograph on all my precision rifles in addition to a couple of hunting rifle. Once I've got a good handle on it, I intend to get with friends & family and get their exact numbers dialed in for their preferred loads. Once they have that I can run the applied ballistics and get them a couple of drop charts that should be pretty close for them. If nothing else it should be some fairly accurate starting points.

User Info Menu

I bought a dehydrator to start turning out long term storage meats, fruits and veggies. First up will be 5lbs of jerky.

I went with the Excalibur 3948CDB digital, 9 Rack two temp with a 48hr timer.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Pulled out all the med kits. Went through and re-organized them. Updated some things.
    Super glue has a shelf life. Who knew...
    I replaced them today.

Took an inventory of all the food stores as in freeze dried and MRE. I need more water. Water is the key.

Bough 4 more fuel jugs. Got them filled when fuel was $1.80. I cycled out a bunch to put fresh in the rotation and get it replaced on the cheap.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

Bandages with a clotting agent have an expiration date too.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ballstater98 View Post
    Bandages with a clotting agent have an expiration date too.
    Bandages...???

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Bandages...???
    Sorry, bandages and gauze.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ballstater98 View Post
    Sorry, bandages and gauze.
    Sorry. I read the post as bandages "And" clotting agent. Duh.....

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ