Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 552 of 557 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 5570

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I cycled out 2 full tanks in the trucks (near 60 gallons) and was going to fill those 5's back up today but the fuel Pirates have struck again. WTF.
    I know, we loaded up all of our emptys and went to get them filled, and when we saw the price, we just filled a couple. We'll wait a bit and see if the price comes back down before we completely fill the stores back up.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoxaJunk View Post
    I know, we loaded up all of our emptys and went to get them filled, and when we saw the price, we just filled a couple. We'll wait a bit and see if the price comes back down before we completely fill the stores back up.
    The price wet down from $2.99 to &2.59 so I jumped. I can not sleep well with a full 25% of my reserves empty.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

My wife and I cleaned and organized the garage today, and she kept asking why we had so many gas cans. Ran the genny, ran the chainsaw.

User Info Menu

The price wet down from $2.99 to &2.59 so I jumped. I can not sleep well with a full 25% of my reserves empty.
    I need to check today. All I need is to lose power on a hot, hot day and not have enough gas to run the genny, and let two freezers full of stuff go bad.

Last summer, my niece and family moved in with my mom, resulting in me not having to worry anymore about being care-taker of mom's house.
    This summer, we moved my MIL into a nursing home, so after we get that house sold I will be able to consolidate my preps and for the first time really ever, I will only have one house-hold to be care-taker of. I really can hardly even conceive the idea.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoxaJunk View Post
    I need to check today. All I need is to lose power on a hot, hot day and not have enough gas to run the genny, and let two freezers full of stuff go bad.
    Prepper tip- freezers don't need power continuously. Just keep them closed and the insulation and product inside will keep it cold for a good while until you can get some power back.
    Democrats: Vote for us and we'll take away your cars, your guns and your meat.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    Prepper tip- freezers don't need power continuously. Just keep them closed and the insulation and product inside will keep it cold for a good while until you can get some power back.
    Exactly. Same with refrigerator freezers especially if they are full. If the freezers are not full put gallon jugs full of water in them to take up the space. This will help keep the product cold through short lose of power.

We have army surplus wool blankets by the stacks. Cover the freezer with these or something similar to insulate. It works.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

Ran the generator, added to dry food stock. Neighbors were not to pleased about the generator due to being in an apartment.

User Info Menu

Exactly. Same with refrigerator freezers especially if they are full. If the freezers are not full put gallon jugs full of water in them to take up the space. This will help keep the product cold through short lose of power.
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!

My wife gives me crap all the time for filling any empty space with gallon jugs of water. We had the breaker on the outlet the freezer was plugged into pop 2 summers ago and we lost everything in the deep freezer. Since then I've been putting gallon jugs of water in the freezer when ever there's space and have a small UPS system plugged into the same outlet so there's some type of alarm if the outlet breaker pops again.
    ANY attack against the Constitution is an act of terrorism and should be dealt with accordingly.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

This week is being spent finalizing anything needed for an upcoming guardian long range rifle competition this weekend. It's my first time into a long range rifle competition and is being used as a spin up for the 2020 Mammoth Sniper Challenge. I plan to get up there the night before and take a short hike in and camp somewhere nearby for the night. Then get up early and be a little tired and gritty when I show up to the competition. It'll help me getting prepped for mammoth. I'll be confirming zero and drop chart this week just for another double check, but ultimately, it's all already done and good to go. This weeks prep, is whatever is needed for this weekends test.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Late last night the website was finally opened and I got my team registered for Mammoth. I was so amped up over I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep so I grabbed my pack out of the back of my jeep, topped off the water, and got rucking around a quarter after 10pm. I hit a new personal best time for pace over 3.77 miles according to my phones samsung health app. It's surprisingly peaceful to go for a hike like that at night.