Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 553 of 555 FirstFirst ... 53 453 503 543 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 5546
    I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 10-32 View Post
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!

My wife gives me crap all the time for filling any empty space with gallon jugs of water. We had the breaker on the outlet the freezer was plugged into pop 2 summers ago and we lost everything in the deep freezer. Since then I've been putting gallon jugs of water in the freezer when ever there's space and have a small UPS system plugged into the same outlet so there's some type of alarm if the outlet breaker pops again.
    I have been doing refrigeration my entire adult life. Brief adventures into other things but HVAC-R has always been the main career. I learned very long ago that a full freezer will maintain temp a lot longer than an empty one. The product holds the temp.

Not sure why anyone would give you crap about this but you are doing the right thing.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I've been in vehicle prep mode lately.. The Jeep is pretty heavily outfitted now- have a roof top tent, solar panel and fridge on it ready for camping at all times, so it is dual purpose.
    A empty gun is an expensive paper weight.
    ​<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><>

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I have been doing refrigeration my entire adult life. Brief adventures into other things but HVAC-R has always been the main career. I learned very long ago that a full freezer will maintain temp a lot longer than an empty one. The product holds the temp.

Not sure why anyone would give you crap about this but you are doing the right thing.
    I tried explaining to her it's the same concept of using ice packs in a cooler but she just looked at me like I was
    ANY attack against the Constitution is an act of terrorism and should be dealt with accordingly.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 10-32 View Post
    I tried explaining to her it's the same concept of using ice packs in a cooler but she just looked at me like I was
    I bet if a woman said this she would be all over it........

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbrooks19 View Post
    I've been in vehicle prep mode lately.. The Jeep is pretty heavily outfitted now- have a roof top tent, solar panel and fridge on it ready for camping at all times, so it is dual purpose.
    When the spouse and I st got married we had this thing set up to live in.
    2 alternators. 1 for the truck and one off an ambulance with an invertor. Plenty of power.
    Converted a ford A/C compressor into an air pump. It could pump up a tire no worries.
    Front buckets and the back was a camper.
    Serious power plant, 3 peddles.
    We went out in it in the woods for days at a time. I miss it.

Crap Polaroid pics. Sorry.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Finished the stand for the rain barrels. Lids not on in this pic. The pump does a great job moving the water where we need it. I keep them full either from rain (Gutter filled) or the hose. There is near 100 gallons here.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Finished the stand for the rain barrels. Lids not on in this pic. The pump does a great job moving the water where we need it. I keep them full either from rain (Gutter filled) or the hose. There is near 100 gallons here.
    Nice job getting the water setup.

I was able to confirm last night, my oldest child (10) and I are going to take a survival class at Campcraft Outdoors on August 3rd. I first met the owner/operator Jason Hunt when taking a pathfinder basic class back in '14 and I think he's one of the reasons why I learned so much and why I enjoyed it as much as I did. His schools training is more geared towards a church ministry and I've been trying to come up with ways of getting guys more active in our church. I reached out to him asking for advice which led to a conversation about getting reacquainted during one of these classes. I'm excited about it and my daughter is really pumped. For one it's a daddy daughter weekend trip, but she's also really pumped about what we're going to learn. She's an outdoor kid, and when she asked if this was going to be like what we learned in cub scouts I just laughed and told her cub scouts is glorified babysitting, this is the good stuff we should be doing in cub scouts.

Now, I've got an excited child who wants to learn some outdoorsy stuff. I think I'm going to surprise her with her very own pink knife. I'll probably definitely get her a swiss army fieldmaster like what I have, but also thinking about getting her a fixed blade. I was thinking an esee 3 or 4 with TKC pink scales. She's going to get her pick of whatever she wants out of my current collection and seeing what she chooses will help direct us from there. I'm just excited that she's excited to spend time with me doing something like this.

https://www.campcraftoutdoors.com/em...urvival-skills

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    Nice job getting the water setup.

I was able to confirm last night, my oldest child (10) and I are going to take a survival class at Campcraft Outdoors on August 3rd. I first met the owner/operator Jason Hunt when taking a pathfinder basic class back in '14 and I think he's one of the reasons why I learned so much and why I enjoyed it as much as I did. His schools training is more geared towards a church ministry and I've been trying to come up with ways of getting guys more active in our church. I reached out to him asking for advice which led to a conversation about getting reacquainted during one of these classes. I'm excited about it and my daughter is really pumped. For one it's a daddy daughter weekend trip, but she's also really pumped about what we're going to learn. She's an outdoor kid, and when she asked if this was going to be like what we learned in cub scouts I just laughed and told her cub scouts is glorified babysitting, this is the good stuff we should be doing in cub scouts.

Now, I've got an excited child who wants to learn some outdoorsy stuff. I think I'm going to surprise her with her very own pink knife. I'll probably definitely get her a swiss army fieldmaster like what I have, but also thinking about getting her a fixed blade. I was thinking an esee 3 or 4 with TKC pink scales. She's going to get her pick of whatever she wants out of my current collection and seeing what she chooses will help direct us from there. I'm just excited that she's excited to spend time with me doing something like this.

https://www.campcraftoutdoors.com/em...urvival-skills

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I've been practicing whittling shavings/curls some more and saving the shavings for tinder for future fires. I'm getting a charcoal grill someday soon and I intend to practice my fire starting and building skills to get it going each time rather than use lighter fluid or easy start charcoal.

While practicing using my ferro rod and the shavings, I learned something new. While the back of an SAK saw is sharp enough to throw really good sparks, it's a little too flexible to apply enough pressure to scrape slowly and get your sparks exactly where you want them. When I switched to the spine of my neck knife, I got the same pile of shavings to ignite in two strikes.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

Saw this. It would need a screen. I like the collection aspect out in the open. Overflow would need to have a connection. Certainly would be way cheaper than commercial rain barrels. Leaning toward SHTF or an out back garden option.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299