Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 554 of 557 FirstFirst ... 54 454 504 544 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 5570
    Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ballstater98 View Post
    Saw this. It would need a screen. I like the collection aspect out in the open. Overflow would need to have a connection. Certainly would be way cheaper than commercial rain barrels. Leaning toward SHTF or an out back garden option.
    Not sure about "out in the open". Rain barrels are almost always connected to downspouts because that greatly multiplies the collection area. Leaving that container out in the open means that a 1" rain gives you 1" of water. Connecting it to a house/shed would greatly amplify the water collecting ability.
    I hope the Russians trick me into voting for Trump again in 2020!

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    Not sure about "out in the open". Rain barrels are almost always connected to downspouts because that greatly multiplies the collection area. Leaving that container out in the open means that a 1" rain gives you 1" of water. Connecting it to a house/shed would greatly amplify the water collecting ability.
    This would be secondary in my head. Tin roof would be preferable for runoff.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    Exactly. My barrels were very low due to lack of rain. I use the system to keep my Garden watered. The little bit of rain we just had filled them both.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Loaded 4000 rounds this week.
    "See you on the Range"

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Last weekend I competed in the Guardian Long Range Match in Lake City Michigan. I learned areas where I need to improve, where I do well, and where I stack up against other men. Turns out, I'm an alright shot.

We just added an in ground water supply cache in the backyard, but my wife insists we call it a pool. I didn't have water concerns before, and certainly don't have them now.

I'm working with my daughter on some basics before we go to the class in a couple weeks. Knots like the bowline, marlin spike truckers hitch and simple knots. Working on knife safety and she's got a brand new swiss army fieldmaster with her name engraved in the side of it along with a mora light my fire that's purple. I want her to have a good experience there and the more she can learn ahead of time the more she can focus on the new material being taught. She's really excited about it all.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Picked up broccoli, cabbage and brusells sprout plants today. Hoping to get them in tomorrow, along with roma beans, spinach and turnips.

Pulled a cuke plant, leaving 2 pretty rattly looking ones for the occasional cuke, while waiting on the freshly seeded plants to start. Hoping for fresh plants to make another batch of lacto fermented pickles for the winter.

Spent the last of the sunlight today on the dumb end of the shovel. Had to cover bushels of weeds, extra cukes and a few pounds of fish parts, to turn them into compost.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Marksman

User Info Menu

Picked up a side of beef for the freezer. Read Bushcraft 101 and Advanced Bushcraft. Jumping on the Dave Canterbury wagon with my son. We've started the Self Reliance certification dvd course. We practiced with fire steels, solar ignition, made char cloth. Took the free cargo tape class saturday at self reliance outdoors. I unloaded one of my bug out bags and reloaded it to the 10 c's standard. Planning on familiarizing myself with the Canterbury methods and taking the basic survival class next spring. My wife thinks this is a healthier hobby than going skydiving once or twice a week.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chase515 View Post
    Picked up a side of beef for the freezer. Read Bushcraft 101 and Advanced Bushcraft. Jumping on the Dave Canterbury wagon with my son. We've started the Self Reliance certification dvd course. We practiced with fire steels, solar ignition, made char cloth. Took the free cargo tape class saturday at self reliance outdoors. I unloaded one of my bug out bags and reloaded it to the 10 c's standard. Planning on familiarizing myself with the Canterbury methods and taking the basic survival class next spring. My wife thinks this is a healthier hobby than going skydiving once or twice a week.
    You wont regret his basic class. I took it in Nov of 14 and it was no joke. A friend took it 6 months later and both classes had people quit and leave and not pass. It's not easy, but if you're doing the homework ahead of time you do fine.

My daughter and I took Basic Bushcraft last Saturday at Campcraft Outdoors. I met him at the pathfinder basic class years ago. We were taught some medicinal plants, tree, hiked some southern hills, looked for certain stones to make paint with chicken eggs, and did some flint and steel fire starting. It was a good day of class, but a great get away for my daughter and I. We camped out in hammocks the night before and that was her first time in a hammock.

User Info Menu

Worked out.

Went to the range. G19, Mk II, M6 Scout

Bought a few bricks of .22 automatch and 250 rds of Federal 5.56

Went camping with my daughters, always good tp knock the rust of campcraft skill, open fire cooking, etc etc. Did some hiking.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I started working out again two weeks ago. Worked out till I puked on the second day. Already feeling better, stronger, and soarer.

Starting to get serious about a home battery backup. Mostly thinking so I can have a mobile backpack ham radio that's got some horsepower. Not really sure what battery to start with. Radio is done, and it's a yeasu 75W. Now it needs a power source (battery), then a smart charger to keep it topped off. My plan is to have this able to be unplugged fully charged and tossed in the back of a vehicle at a moments notice as a self contained fully functioning unit.