Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 555 of 557 FirstFirst ... 55 455 505 545 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 5570
    I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Inventoried one of the shelves of supplys. We use the small propane cans for lighting the wood stove, the fire pit and running the Coleman stoves and lanterns. Found them on sale at Sams today and replenished that shelf. Also picked up another no strike torch.

Put in more paper. T.P. plates towels etc.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

We looked up a recipe for home canned pork & beans. And limed some eggs for long term storage.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 10thumbs View Post
    We looked up a recipe for home canned pork & beans. And limed some eggs for long term storage.
    Have you ever done this before? I've limed some from my girls for the first time this spring to hold me over their winter hiatus. I'm hoping it works as well as I've seen online.

How to preserve eggs via liming

Results 8 months later
    Hell yes, Democrats want to take your AR-15, your AK-47.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Rebuilt a coleman 275 lantern tonight and it works! Neigbor gave it to me a couple years ago and it shot flames out the bottom, so I let it sit. Just shut it off after two hours. Put a new check valve and leather cup on it. Used bore butter on the leather, it was sitting on the desk from the last muzzle loader cleaning. Replaced the generator and washed out the fount with rubbing alcohol. One of the new mantles didn't have a tie string so I had to get creative used a little scrap 12/2 ground wire.

User Info Menu

I experimented with jute cordage for the first time (on my own). I started with some 2mm jute twine, unraveled and fluffed it into a ball, then marveled at how easy it was to ignite with just one or two ferro rod scrapes. I'm adding three feet of it to my EDC tinder.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I experimented with jute cordage for the first time (on my own). I started with some 2mm jute twine, unraveled and fluffed it into a ball, then marveled at how easy it was to ignite with just one or two ferro rod scrapes. I'm adding three feet of it to my EDC tinder.
    I take jute twine and wrap 2 or 3 feet of it on either a molle loop, or on a sheath itself, just because it weighs nothing and a 6" length of it cna go a long ways towards taking a spark and getting a fire going.

Along those lines, when my daughter and I took the class at campcraft Jason broke out some of this stuff with a big grin on his face saying for $50 he's never got to make a tinder bundle again in his life. https://www.uline.com/BL_1972/Excelsior

I ordered a 50# box of it and now I have a borderline lifetime supply of the stuff. All that translates into I can get more reps in with my kids training them and getting them up to speed. That stuff will light from an ember on char cloth very well and I like the idea of having a pile of it around. Soo soo very much training value in being able to get more reps in. Don't get me wrong, at some point I'll have to go back and show them about making a good tinder bundle, but for now it's just one thing at a time.

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

Perfect time to ramp up water goals since history repeats itself.

Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    Starting to get serious about a home battery backup. Mostly thinking so I can have a mobile backpack ham radio that's got some horsepower. Not really sure what battery to start with. Radio is done, and it's a yeasu 75W. Now it needs a power source (battery), then a smart charger to keep it topped off. My plan is to have this able to be unplugged fully charged and tossed in the back of a vehicle at a moments notice as a self contained fully functioning unit.
    If I was to do this, I'd use 4 of the batteries like the ones in the link below and wire them parallel. I'd also throw a smaller smart charger and a pocket inverter in the bag.

https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Max-Ba...gateway&sr=8-5

My question is are you planning on attaching the unit itself outside of the bag somehow? From experence, I know alot of the 50+ watt units can get hot during operation. I'd be afraid of melting the bag or cooking the unit itself if it was to be operated inside of the bag.

I'm also a little courious about your antenna placement during usage. When I obtained my license 25 years ago (Damn it makes me feel old saying that), RF radiation/exposure was a concern. I'm not sure where they're at with it now but back then, it wasn't sugested anything putting out more that 10 watts should be to close to your head.
    ANY attack against the Constitution is an act of terrorism and should be dealt with accordingly.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

We got creative in one of the larger closets. Made so serious space. Will fill that space with......Yes, water.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I've got a deep cycle marine battery from Napa now. My plan is to take an alice pack type of frame with the shelf, place the battery on the shelf, and then mount everything else to some type board permanently mounted to the alice frame. Once I really get going on this I'll make a separate topic on it and detail the build.

My daughter has been making the evening camp fires in the fire pit using flint and steel or a magnifying glass and tinder bundles from the uline packaging I bought previously.

I've been continuing to work on my physical fitness and rucking when the munchkins go to bed.

Starting to think some of you guys may have a water fetish, just saying......
    Last edited by teddy12b; 3 Weeks Ago at 13:31.