Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
    Perpetually Peeved Poultry AngryRooster's Avatar

User Info Menu

On another note...

Would anyone here be interested in a weekly INGO net? I'd love to see one but my location is kind of a limiting factor. It wouldn't do a lot of good for me to try to start it. I'm 2 miles from Ohio & 20 miles north of I-70, that would leave out quite a bit of the state. Something a bit more central where someone who could work directly with a club would work better. With a mobile radio in the house and a 30' vhf/uhf antenna I can talk to Indy easily. A net run on a central repeater would be able to cover a decent section.

Any thoughts?
    Less & less amused every day...
    INGO #467

rvb

User Info Menu

I got DXCC today according to LoTW. Got my general just a little over 10 months ago. Mostly FT8 w/ some SSB also. Not bad for working barefoot w/ a windom only about 25ft up during a sun spot min.

Going to test for extra at the FW hamfest.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMAN23C View Post
    I just ordered an upgrade from my Baofeng's. A new Yaseu FT-70DR. Maybe I'll be on the air a bit more...
    Neat. I'm planning to get one of those at the FW hamfest.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRooster View Post
    Would anyone here be interested in a weekly INGO net?
    Any thoughts?
    That could be fun. Something like DMR or fusion might work best to cover the whole state. Cost for a md-380 or ft-70 wouldn't be too preventative. or different bands/modes on different nights.

-rvb
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

User Info Menu

I could use a weekly DMR test just to force me to learn my radio better. Been distracted making RPI, battery, sound card all in one, in a 3d printed enclosure for my 817. Have not used my DMR radio much.

User Info Menu

“There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.” Churchill

Plinker

User Info Menu

Can anyone recommend a place to buy and find out more about CB radios around Lafayette?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingSol07 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a place to buy and find out more about CB radios around Lafayette?
    What exactly are you trying to find out more of? It's 'similar' tech as ham radio so we may be able to help.

As far as buying, idk, perhaps try Amazon or Craigslist.
    Forum celebrity

User Info Menu

I'm not in this club but I thought I would post this here in case you fellas and gals weren't aware of it ...

Urgent Call to Action: HAM Operators for Emergancy Comms in Panama City, FL Area
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

User Info Menu

I have my new FT-70DR programmed and ready to try out. I'll get on the air after my trip to the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Get outta my damn yard.......
    Quote Originally Posted by db1959 View Post
    The wind likes to blow my balls around.
    I will not give, not one more inch. No more compromise. From my cold dead hands.

GOA Member

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. --Thomas Jefferson

A HAM with a radio, and nothing to say.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Deuce View Post
    I'm not in this club but I thought I would post this here in case you fellas and gals weren't aware of it ...

Urgent Call to Action: HAM Operators for Emergancy Comms in Panama City, FL Area
    Check with your local Red Cross chapter. Perhaps you could join as an event based volunteer. That would get you some sort of support infrastructure. May be able to help out remotely as a receiving station too. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17