Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 413
  1. #361
    rvb
    rvb is offline
    Grandmaster rvb's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by PistolBob View Post
    This coming weekend is the Indiana QSO party. Contact as many Indiana counties that you can, obviously a NVIS antenna would be beneficial. See the HDXCC website for all the details.
    Thanks for that reminder!
    I usually participate but don't send in logs. I was thinking about doing some POTA this weekend, I'll look into the rules and see about combining the two...
    [edit - looks like portable/rover not allowed in INQP this year. Guess I could still op from a park(s), just not note that I'm portable?]

    I have a mostly new POTA setup I'm wanting to try out, also... picked up a 7300 and a knock-off Pelican-like case for it. Should be easy to set my portable setup for NVIS.

    -rvb

    -. ----. .-. ...- -...
    (learning CW ... actually have a couple contacts under my belt )
    Last edited by rvb; 04-28-2020 at 12:25.
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

  2. #362
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    Thanks for that reminder!
    I usually participate but don't send in logs. I was thinking about doing some POTA this weekend, I'll look into the rules and see about combining the two...
    [edit - looks like portable/rover not allowed in INQP this year. Guess I could still op from a park(s), just not note that I'm portable?]

    I have a mostly new POTA setup I'm wanting to try out, also... picked up a 7300 and a knock-off Pelican-like case for it. Should be easy to set my portable setup for NVIS.

    -rvb

    -. ----. .-. ...- -...
    (learning CW ... actually have a couple contacts under my belt )
    The Indiana QSO Party has worked hard to become the leading exclusive event of the year here....they exclude everyone but HF CW and HF SSB phone ops...and now due to COVID no mobiles, no Rovers, and no Portables...

    So it's not really an event that encourages new hams or all hams to participate.

    I'll be fishing.

  3. #363
    Master fullmetaljesus's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    So....I wasn't going to say anything yet....
    But to hell with it.

    I've started to out together a little website to be used as a resource for new hams. And perhaps as a place advertise the radio or physical meetups we want to organize.

    Again please keep in mind this is very much a work in progress and i only stood it up yesterday while on a conference call for work.

    Introducing...

    http://www.inhamoperators.com

  4. #364
    Plinker blackenedman's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    So....I wasn't going to say anything yet....
    But to hell with it.

    I've started to out together a little website to be used as a resource for new hams. And perhaps as a place advertise the radio or physical meetups we want to organize.

    Again please keep in mind this is very much a work in progress and i only stood it up yesterday while on a conference call for work.

    Introducing...

    http://www.inhamoperators.com
    +1

    👍

  5. #365
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    So....I wasn't going to say anything yet....
    But to hell with it.

    I've started to out together a little website to be used as a resource for new hams. And perhaps as a place advertise the radio or physical meetups we want to organize.

    Again please keep in mind this is very much a work in progress and i only stood it up yesterday while on a conference call for work.

    Introducing...

    http://www.inhamoperators.com

    It's 100 times better than we had before. Thanks for doing this.

    PB

  6. #366
    Master fullmetaljesus's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I'll be adding to "Inho" as time allows. Next up I plan on adding a chirp file with all the Indiana repeaters. I'm considering putting some Amazon affiliate links on into to some diff radios and antennas. All the money would go into getting better hosting, and maybe the occasional raffle.


    Also in fun news. My new yaesu ft-65r came in yesterday along with my abree antenna. Loving it so far.

  7. #367
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    I'll be adding to "Inho" as time allows. Next up I plan on adding a chirp file with all the Indiana repeaters. I'm considering putting some Amazon affiliate links on into to some diff radios and antennas. All the money would go into getting better hosting, and maybe the occasional raffle.


    Also in fun news. My new yaesu ft-65r came in yesterday along with my abree antenna. Loving it so far.


    Is your Abbree antenna the crazy long 42" "tactical" one? I've seen those around.

  8. #368
    Master fullmetaljesus's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post


    Is your Abbree antenna the crazy long 42" "tactical" one? I've seen those around.
    Sure is. It's certainly ridiculous, but I figured what the hell. A buddy has the same one. I couldn't let him have a longer one than me.

  9. #369
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    Sure is. It's certainly ridiculous, but I figured what the hell. A buddy has the same one. I couldn't let him have a longer one than me.

    I got the 48 cm one (18 inches?) ... I didn't want people to think I was compensating for someone else by getting the 42".


    Do you get a lot more range by getting an antenna twice as long?

  10. #370
    Master fullmetaljesus's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I can't back this up with facts but I feel it would stand to reason there would be an increase with a longer antenna. However I double a twice as long antenna would yeild twice the result.


Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge