Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

Best bag/pack for BOB

Any suggestions on the best value for the money bag to buy for a my BOB? I've seen some people use Mil Surplus molle type stuff and others use store bought backpacking packs. Any suggestions for the best value and most efficient?

This is my pack Alpine Xpress Backpack

It is large enough to carry what I want but not to large.It also has other features I like. It has a built in rain fly.The rain fly not only works,but if it is actually raining and your pack does not have one you may as well toss another 10 lbs in it,because that is the weight of water you are going to be carrying. The shoulder straps are decent and the belt is excellent.It also does not scream tactical,which is a good thing in my mind.

My dad and I picked up a couple of mil issue molle packs at the 1500 for $40 each. It has plenty of compartments and attachment points for everything I need.

Plinker
    Thank you for the recommendations. I was thinking about one of these. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

LA Police Gear 3 Day Backpack

chris a couple people on this site have those packs and say they very nice. i don't own one but it looks decent for sure and the price is right

A good pack carries the weight on your hips not shoulders.A pack that carries all the weight on your shoulders will become uncomfortable after a short distance and wear you out much more quickly.I would look at size first,then how the pack carries the weight.A hip belt is a must for any pack I plan on wearing for more than a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris08110 View Post
    Thank you for the recommendations. I was thinking about one of these. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

LA Police Gear 3 Day Backpack

I bought a pack that I thought looked and sounded tough. I don't have a link for it, but it was called an "assault pack" or a "3 day pack", I forget which. Anyways, it is falling apart in less than a year, and cost about $50. It has about 3 compartments, and has molle webbing on the very back and the sides. If you are wanting a pack like this, I would recommend getting one of the more expensive ($125+) packs. There are also internal framed packs designed for hunting that seem interesting. All in all, I am going to be buying an A.L.I.C.E. pack (large) with an external frame and giving it a shot. From what I gather, I shouldn't be let down....

I have an Osprey Talon 44 that I use for backpacking, and would not hesitate to grab as a BOB. It has tons of room, extremely lightweight, comfortable, and has "airscape" which lets air flow between your back and the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by infidel View Post
    I bought a pack that I thought looked and sounded tough. I don't have a link for it, but it was called an "assault pack" or a "3 day pack", I forget which. Anyways, it is falling apart in less than a year, and cost about $50. It has about 3 compartments, and has molle webbing on the very back and the sides. If you are wanting a pack like this, I would recommend getting one of the more expensive ($125+) packs. There are also internal framed packs designed for hunting that seem interesting. All in all, I am going to be buying an A.L.I.C.E. pack (large) with an external frame and giving it a shot. From what I gather, I shouldn't be let down....
    This is what i use

RUSH 72 Backpack | Bags / Backpacks | 5.11 Tactical

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast