• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I came across this documentary and wanted to share it with the members here.

Beslan | Watch Free Documentary Online

I recommend that you watch the movie. It serves as a reminder that evil exists in the world. Never forget that you have enemies and they do not share your humanity.

When it happens here, will we be ready? Will you be ready?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

I recommend that you watch the movie. It serves as a reminder that evil exists in the world. Never forget that you have enemies and they do not share your humanity.

I attended a presentation at the US attorneys conference done by John Gedick (Spelling) on this incident/tragedy. Pretty sobering. One of my biggest fears is this type of thing going down in this country. School layout plans have been found in possession of terrorist's already. Spooky stuff but sadly I think we will see it here.

Not to many LEO's or citizens are ready for this type of thing. I often times get poked fun at by my LEO peers for having a rifle rated vest, 12 loaded M16 mags on my MOLLE LBE along with a precision scoped bolt rifle in my trunk at all times. Probably never need it but if so I have the options and training to maybe make a difference.

Soonerdoggy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    more on Beslan

At the Bulletproof Mind seminars by LT COL. Dave Grossman, he talks of Beslan and also highly recommends John Giduck's book,, Terror at Beslan.

I am reading it now and concur, everyone should learn of Beslan, should read this book and the horrors it entales, and prepare oursleves here in the U.S because it is going to be attempted.

Grossman thinks that Islam must get us off their turf and the war off of their turf, Iraq,Afganistan,Pakistan,Iran, etc and after they do so, then they are coming after our children like they did so many others.

It took 10 years for Russia to get out of Afganistan, and then the terrorists started attacking Russia.

Bruce Campbell

Campbell Personal Defense - HOME

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was talking to a long-time acquaintance on the IMPD bomb squad a few weeks ago and mentioned that I had read in "CounterTerror" magazine that it was likely the Ts were going to show up hitting soft targets as they did in Mumbai, India. He said they had been discussing the very same thing. Schools are horribly soft targets, which is why I carry a long-gun in my car. The folks who wrote the article in "CounterTerror" (all Israelis, by their names) theorized that such attacks might be broken up if countered quickly by alert armed security officers, police, or armed citizens.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    well thanks to you and your training I'm far more prepared then I would have ever been otherwise.:yesway:(shameless plug for you but it's well deserved)

Thank you for the plug.

My goal for training is to make my students safer. A positive side effect is that the world becomes safer when good people are armed and well trained.

Back to the topic, I don't believe that the US is ready for another attack. We are soft. I hate to say it, but we are not mentally strong. Can you imagine the deaths of 300 children in a US school? Can you imagine 1,000 of them being tortured, starved and dehydrated for days?

The wake up alarm has already sounded. What are you doing to prepare?

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    Sobering ... disturbing... necessary. Thanks for this. I had never heard of this event until now.

leaves a man wondering what he would do if his children were in there. No one can ever know what they would do in a situation like that. We all would like to assume a certain action or think we would do a certain thing.. but take my word, no man ever knows how they would react until they are reacting. After they have reacted and survived, if they don't puke or cry shortly after, they have now soul.

Regardless, the anger a man would feel would choke the rational side out for a while.

Thanks again for this video. God Bless those lost there and God please watch over those children in harms way today.

M

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    We covered Beslan during active shooter/ATFP training this month. Hardly any of my "coworkers" had even heard of this incident. A few scoffed until I reminded them that floorplans/blueprints of American School have been discovered during counter terrorism raids.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Somehow, I don't think a "successful" attack on a school in the US will have the effect the Terrorists hope for. Sure, there will be horror and fear - and then Americans, unlike the disarmed Russians, will start guarding soft targets and clamoring for the military to wipe out the threat, just as they did after 9/11. Al Qu'ada got some of what they wanted after 9/11 in an overburdened transporation system, but they got a lot more than they bargained for in the military response that followed up the attack. Start killing our kids and a lot of mothers who want us to cease the "War on Terror" will be demanding we finish the job.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks for posting this. We all train to some extent, but I have yet to do so with grenades being thrown at me. These militants (terrorists) train hard. They have a plan. As proactive as we may be with training, our response will still be reactive even if trained for..

God I hope the day this comes I at least have the XD or 1911 and not the P3AT on me! LOL!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    bump

Yesterday was the anniversary of the Beslan school massacre. I was reminded of this thread while watching a documentary on Showtime last night. Scary stuff.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Bringing this back from the dead... I'm making my way through the book now.

Amazing brutality, amazing preplanning, amazing lessons to be learned.

Sadly, even after all these years (time and events), we (general citizenry) only fear a lone gunman bent on making people pay for making his life miserable.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

I remember this. Evil DOES exist and one of it's first names is 'militant islam'.

As for being ready, our hands are tied in gov't mandated GFZs.
    *If you're in the building, unarmed, WHAT are you going to do against multiple terrorists with explosives and maybe automatic rifles?
    *If LE has arrived, they're probably going to try to stop you from responding
    *The only possible scenario I see for responding is if you're in the parking lot, see them going in, and come up to ambush them from behind. Long odds on being in the right place at the right time

Top Bottom