• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    There is reportedly a video of Mr. Yeager running away while his team overseas was under fire... so I guess I would listen to him if he was reviewing new light weight easy to run away in gear.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    There is reportedly a video of Mr. Yeager running away while his team overseas was under fire... so I guess I would listen to him if he was reviewing new light weight easy to run away in gear.

oh look... another "I heard something on the Internet, then watched a video that I didn't understand" post.

Really?

Tell us, oh master of tactics, which part of the car would you chose for concealment while incoming 7.62 are chewing holes in the metal...

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I'm not being a smart-ass, I'm just ignorant here.

I guess I don't know the whole issue behind all of this.

What is going on with this video and the internet ramblings? What's the story?

You can PM if you don't want to hi-jack the thread.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I'm not being a smart-ass, I'm just ignorant here.

I guess I don't know the whole issue behind all of this.

What is going on with this video and the internet ramblings? What's the story?

You can PM if you don't want to hi-jack the thread.

This is what I found as the official AAR on the incident:
    EDINBURGH RISK AND SECURITY MANAGEMENT

The Edinburgh AAR, along with Yeager's action report, and "General Commnets on the Failings of Operation APOLLO" can be found here:
    http://www.defensereview.com/video-iraqi-insurgentsterrorists-ambush-pmcpsc-psd-team-on-biap-road/

The above are presented without comments or opinions.

Last edited:

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What does any of this have to do with his ability to interview another instructor?

Esrice thank you for bring in information for us to watch, listen to, and THINK about.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    it makes no sense to stand behind a car that is being shot at. maybe he thought they were all going to do the same thing?

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Come on guys. We all know that cars stop all manner of bullets and projectiles. He must have been a weenie to not trust all that thick hardened steel they put on cars nowadays.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Look at all of runaway Yeager's supporters coming out. Look I understand. You either really fancy the cut of his jib or you spent money on some of his stuff.

Point is. Don't try to put yourself out as an authority on the subject when you panic, can't get your car out of neutral, bail out, and run away leaving your team.

There is at least one person who knows the man on this board and knew him "over there" (not me) and if he wants to PM you the info that is up to him.

I for one think people like that should be hiding in the shadows and not standing out there trying to act like he is a tough guy selling his BS. How does that pertain to him interviewing another instructor? That's simple, he shouldn't be interviewing another instructor as some kind of authority himself.

Now if he wants to give a lesson on how he has learned not to put a manual transmission car in neutral and then forget how to get it in gear while under fire and then how not to run away leaving one's team mates that is another matter.

Oh and I don't like cowards. Period... and yes I've been in more than a few "dangerous situations" (most during my time as an leo) and did not run away.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    This is what I found as the official AAR on the incident:
    EDINBURGH RISK AND SECURITY MANAGEMENT

The Edinburgh AAR, along with Yeager's action report, and "General Commnets on the Failings of Operation APOLLO" can be found here:
    Defense Review - Video: Iraqi Insurgents/Terrorists Ambush PMC/PSC PSD Team on BIAP Road

The above are presented without comments or opinions.

Interesting stuff.

Based on the report it looks like everyone but Yeager was either actively engaging the enemy, providing support, moving wounded, and giving medical attention.

The guy next to you is unloading a hundred rounds from his saw has a stoppage, switches to his m4 and continues to fire at a white SUV and you fire 15 rounds (assuming 30 round mag) and can't identify where fire is coming from. Not to mention that other team members at another vehicle have also identified fire coming from the same white SUV. I wonder if he was even looking or he just held the m4 over his head fired about 15 rounds then booked for the median where you can't see anything.

"James Yeager was in a location at the median where he could not engage enemy forces as he did not have a line of fire from his location" which also conveniently means that the enemy did not have a line of fire on his location.

Hey not knocking his "save your own ass" tactics, they do work after all. He should teach that.

Of course the report could be wrong (which would also mean the reports of his surviving team members, who just love him, are lies as well).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom