Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indychad View Post
    does anyone know where one could a driving class like the LEO's.
    I'm curious as well. I'd like to learn some more evasive maneuvers in a controlled environment.

I bet such classes are $$ though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by esrice View Post
    I'm curious as well. I'd like to learn some more evasive maneuvers in a controlled environment.

I bet such classes are $$ though.
    I know a few classes for defensive driving around here offered to non-LEOs.
    It's mainly for bodyguard and private security.
    You pretty much learn to do all the things you learned NOT to do during regular driving school (hit pedestrians , other cars, drive fast in reverse ...etc).
    They also teach you counter ambush techniques with students shooting at your car with paintball guns.

User Info Menu

[/Bragging]

User Info Menu

I would have had some input until I realized this was that one of those self proclaimed "expert training god's" thread.

I was so close too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    I would have had some input until I realized this was that one of those self proclaimed "expert training god's" thread.

I was so close too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    So you're not going to contribute?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by esrice View Post
    Always back in?
    I don't understand the people that "have" to back-in to parking spots. about 40% of the people I work with do this and 90% of those that do can't do it straight, or in the center of the spot. Then the next person skips a spot and parks front-in first. That mean if I park in the empty spot I have a driver's side door on both sides of me.

I understand if you want to do it in your own garage, or driveway. but at work you have to back-up either way. I also don't mind if people "pull-through" in store parking lots because they can usually do that straight.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

The faster you can go from rolling vehicle to out of it and visa versa, the better off you are. Sitting still you are trapped and maybe strapped in a cage, thus vulnerable.

Seat belts come off and go on at the street, not in the parking lot.

When possible, park far in the back of the lot away from other vehicles. The visuals are better from every angle, including whoever might be following you.

When anyone is around your car, walk on by until they move, no matter who they seem to be.

Pepper spray stowed at each front visor.

When aggressive sorts flip you the bird, smile and wave (like you are a clueless idiot.) Then evade.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indysims View Post
    I don't understand the people that "have" to back-in to parking spots.
    That makes two of us. Have you ever notice how much space there is between the two cars you are trying to back up between? Compare that to backing out of a parking spot instead...you have an entire driving lane to back into if you front into the spot to begin with.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indysims View Post
    I don't understand the people that "have" to back-in to parking spots. about 40% of the people I work with do this and 90% of those that do can't do it straight, or in the center of the spot. Then the next person skips a spot and parks front-in first. That mean if I park in the empty spot I have a driver's side door on both sides of me.

I understand if you want to do it in your own garage, or driveway. but at work you have to back-up either way. I also don't mind if people "pull-through" in store parking lots because they can usually do that straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That makes two of us. Have you ever notice how much space there is between the two cars you are trying to back up between? Compare that to backing out of a parking spot instead...you have an entire driving lane to back into if you front into the spot to begin with.

I forgot to mention; Always back into the parking spot.

Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast