• ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Instructor:
    Ben Stoeger is a USPSA Production Grand Master, having numerous Section, Area, and National Championship wins. Ben finished the 2011 and 2012 season as the USPSA Production National Champion.

Date: May 4th-5th 2013 (The weekend before Single Stack Nationals for those of us going!)

Time: Starts at 9 a.m. and will run until about 5 p.m. both days.

Cost: $350.00. (Full balance must be paid to hold your spot – See additional details section below)
    Ammo: Expect to shoot somewhere between 500 to 600 rounds per day. Bring extra.

Class Limit: There is a class limit of 12 students. (a minimum of 8 registered students is needed to hold the class) Small class size ensures you'll get ample opportunity to learn from a National Champion.

The curriculum for the class will be as follows:

USPSA Techniques (this will consist mostly of specialized movement techniques)
    Moving Targets
    Stage Breakdown/Analysis
    Practice Tips and Techniques
    High Speed Accuracy
    Preparation for Major Matches
    + anything people request to be added
    The format of the class consists of one day of intensive work on technique. The first half day will cover USPSA fundamentals. The second half of the first day will cover more advanced USPSA techniques.
    The second day will consist of shooting USPSA stages multiple times with feedback and opportunities to implement it.
    This class is geared towards anyone interested in shooting USPSA matches.

Additional Detail:

Payment is required, in advance, in full. (No refunds after April 19th, 2013)

For more details contact
    robert.j.simmonsJD@gmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyLFYxKG-Bw

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Review from a recent Class

Here is me shooting a USPSA stage like a real moron last August:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8EX8LaEkwM

Here is me shooting a more complex USPSA stage at the end of class with Ben:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rTMstxTIFo

The stages Ben set up for class were more complicated than the ones I have shot before, but I think I did a lot better by the end. It only took Ben bodybagging me for my stage planning and execution about six times before it started sinking in...

In all seriousness, it was a really good class. Lots of fun. Lots of **** talking. Ben was a good dude who obviously likes to mess with people. With a large number of individual exercises and stages, Ben was able to give personalized feedback and coaching to everyone in the class. Ben pushed me to draw and fire faster than I have in live fire before. Most of all, I feel like I have a clearer sense of direction now on how to approach a USPSA stage - which is very different from the way I thought about it before.

Big lesson: complex stage plans are the enemy of aggressive execution. I used to think that I would gain some kind of efficiency advantage from more complex stage plans. I can see now all that does is help me **** up the stage plan.

I am hoping to get out to the Oregon State Championships this year and put these USPSA skills to work at a bigger match. Here's how I really know the instruction had a big effect on me: before I went to class, I looked at the published stages for the OR Championships (located here: 2013 Oregon USPSA Championships) and my head was spinning from looking at the stages. I had no idea how to best shoot them, and I knew that I would have a hard time with the complexity. After the class, I looked at the stages and it suddenly seemed very clear how I need to shoot them, and that gives me a lot more confidence about that match and USPSA in general. I can't wait to get to a match and put these stage planning and execution lessons to work.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Just a few spots left. If you want to learn to shoot faster and gooder, this is a GREAT opportunity to learn from one of the best.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The class was, in a word, freakin' awesome.

In more words, I'd say I probably learned more about getting better at USPSA (and shooting generally) in 2 days than I have in the last year of shooting matches.

I've got a whole new outlook on stage breakdown. I learned some small things that can add up to big time, and got disabused of some notions I had about how to efficiently move through a stage.

I've got a whole new set of drills to address shooting techniques I need to get better at, techniques that I had previously thought weren't that big a deal. Ben demonstrated exactly how important they really are and how much time can be saved over a field course by doing these little things better.

His teaching style is pretty blunt, it was exactly the kick in the ass I needed. If someone is interested in taking his class, they'd better bring their big boy pants. No sugar coating anywhere to be found. At the same time, it was a lot of fun, not unlike the trash talking that typically goes on at most local matches.

WELL worth it.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The class was, in a word, freakin' awesome.

In more words, I'd say I probably learned more about getting better at USPSA (and shooting generally) in 2 days than I have in the last year of shooting matches.

I've got a whole new outlook on stage breakdown. I learned some small things that can add up to big time, and got disabused of some notions I had about how to efficiently move through a stage.

I've got a whole new set of drills to address shooting techniques I need to get better at, techniques that I had previously thought weren't that big a deal. Ben demonstrated exactly how important they really are and how much time can be saved over a field course by doing these little things better.

His teaching style is pretty blunt, it was exactly the kick in the ass I needed. If someone is interested in taking his class, they'd better bring their big boy pants. No sugar coating anywhere to be found. At the same time, it was a lot of fun, not unlike the trash talking that typically goes on at most local matches.

WELL worth it.

So does that mean you are going to change your tagline?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    50% running speed, and 50% gamer gear sounds about right.

No shooting skill required. The might be some trace element of range lawyering, but if you run fast enough and have cool enough gamer gear, the range lawyering is unnecessary.

Top Bottom