• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So INGOer full-auto (Tim at Military Arms Channel) got to spend a couple of days at Academi, the old Blackwater training facility in North Carolina. Looks like a really neat facility with some impressive capabilities.

I know there was talk here in the T&T forum before about driver training and this looks like it fits the bill. I'll have to check it out and see what the tuition is running, as historically such a thing is pretty pricey.

I say we get 15 of us together and lobby for a group discount. :yesway: Road trip!

[video=youtube;5BbhZ5ziXdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BbhZ5ziXdw[/video]

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    That's pretty cool. Driving class definitely looks interesting, though I wonder about the note to the right of the price that says "rental equipment available". It looks like the first instructor Tim was with was using something very similar to Fist-Fire.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I wonder about the note to the right of the price that says "rental equipment available".

The course description says the vehicles are provided-- maybe students need to provide their own helmets or related safety gear?

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    The course description says the vehicles are provided-- maybe students need to provide their own helmets or related safety gear?

Im game, but I think maybe the home defense class would be a great one to take also, maybe Fenway could take the Bugatti there too.

I would think if they are providing the car, a helmet would not be much of a trouble as it is.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Great video and review as usual. Esrice, I'm in if you decide to head down there.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I would like to go too. :) I'm wanting to take a 3 day long range course really bad. But a driving course would be awesome. They also offer an off-road course which we didn't have time to check out.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Saw a feller driving around yesterday AM that had an Academi sticker on his driver side back window. Also had a Mil-dot reticle sticker on the black glass. Think he also had a sticker similar to cedartop's avatar photo.

Black H3 - left the Speedway at CoLnRd / 31 and headed northbound.

Couldn't get the county off his LP due to the plastic frame.

Top Bottom