• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Very cool. I will have to take some time to read more about "The Test". 125 plates.

Reminds me of other noted drills. Dave Spaulding has a 2x2x2 drill? Supposed to be very few who pull it off. I remember it being mentioned at RangeMaster that it is very rare to have somebody shoot the instructors test perfectly.

So when do we get to see/try the impossible but achievable Paladin drill?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Very cool. I will have to take some time to read more about "The Test". 125 plates.

Reminds me of other noted drills. Dave Spaulding has a 2x2x2 drill? Supposed to be very few who pull it off. I remember it being mentioned at RangeMaster that it is very rare to have somebody shoot the instructors test perfectly.

So when do we get to see/try the impossible but achievable Paladin drill?

Spauldings drill that he got from a SOF guy he was in a class with is tough because it is a make it or break it type thing. You come up to the line and shoot it, and everything has to go just right to pull it off. It could be argued that this is more akin to most real gunfights. The Rogers COF is a whole string of very fast and difficult stages. You have to maintain concentration throughout to pull off a great score, as well as being a fantastic shooter and gunhandler.

Currently I am digging the Rangemaster Core pistol skills test. It matches up nicely with skills that might come into play in the real world, and you can keep challenging yourself as even if you shoot it clean you can't "max" it as the time factor comes into play as well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Going to the Rogers School has been at the top of my "dream training" list for a long time. Some day I will make it happen. The combination of the Rogers training program and the target system is hard to beat in terms of learning to balance speed and accuracy. How many of us can clear a plate rack at 10 yards ten times in a row? Now make the plates smaller and let them appear and disappear at various distances.

It was a neat surprise to see Sheriff Ken in those photos. That means I know two people in that class (him and Manny Bragg).

I think someone else has a licensed copy of the target system in Tennessee or Arkansas. It might be easier for me to attend a class there.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Going to the Rogers School has been at the top of my "dream training" list for a long time. Some day I will make it happen. The combination of the Rogers training program and the target system is hard to beat in terms of learning to balance speed and accuracy. How many of us can clear a plate rack at 10 yards ten times in a row? Now make the plates smaller and let them appear and disappear at various distances.

It was a neat surprise to see Sheriff Ken in those photos. That means I know two people in that class (him and Manny Bragg).

I think someone else has a licensed copy of the target system in Tennessee or Arkansas. It might be easier for me to attend a class there.

He's no spring chicken, I wouldn't wait too long.

Top Bottom