• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I know we've got some Defoor fanbois here. I thought this was a good interview. I'm not someone who thinks that former spec ops guys are the only ones qualified to teach firearms skills, but I do find the various paths people take interesting. Seems like a good dude.

[video=youtube;Q7KcGuBSrxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KcGuBSrxI[/video]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here's where he talks about being a Seal.

[video=youtube;Km4OE-_Fq60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km4OE-_Fq60[/video]

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I watched both these the other day, Kyle is a cool dude. I like his approach to a lot of things and the way he conducts himself. Would love to take his combo pistol/carbine course. :) I run his sights on my Glock's and really like the sight picture. While I don't think trainers need special ops history I do think their knowledge is un surpassed in many areas based on experience alone.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Don Robison has taken some classes with him and said they were really good. I have considered taking some classes from him but can't get past those flat brimmed hats he wears. Guess I will stick to the Army side of SF.:):

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Seems like a good guy. Love how he mentions how he didn't really learn how to shoot until he got out of the teams. I have heard this before from a number of spec ops guys. Funny how he mentions everyone wants to claim they invented everything. A lot of truth in that.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    fanbois? maybe now. I'd only heard his name, but I think learning from him will be on my bucket list.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Seems like a good guy. Love how he mentions how he didn't really learn how to shoot until he got out of the teams. I have heard this before from a number of spec ops guys. Funny how he mentions everyone wants to claim they invented everything. A lot of truth in that.

It's good to see candor on that topic. It's not that common among people with similar job histories and too many people outside of that world don't like to believe it even when the person says it outright.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Have you signed up for one of his classes yet?
    Haven't got the opportunity to yet sadly, would love to though! I tend to like his thoughts and drills, etc.. I need to get to a class though, I suck:)

His pistol classes sell out so. quickly.

Yes indeed, the few of his that have been hallway close are either not for civilians or are booked in day.

Top Bottom