• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    We were in North Dakota this past weekend teaching a Level I Handgun Course to 17 enthusiastic students, a handful of which were also firearms Instructors who run their own company, specializing in teaching women!

They did a little write-up and posted it before we'd left the state yesterday morning!

Training Hard to Bring You Our Best

by Pretty Loaded | Jun 2, 2014

We’ll never say we have enough training in personal defense, and we hope to inspire that attitude in our students as well. For the third time, our friends at Fortress Defense Consultants from Illinois/Indiana came to ND and the whole Pretty Loaded Team had an awesome weekend training with them along with a group of local friends of ours who all proved to be Gunmen/Gunwomen!

Fortress Defense is one of the best tactical firearms training companies in America and what an honor to learn from them so we can provide the most effective skillset possible to our students. One of the great attributes of the defense training community is that they all have the same goal – empower as many students as they possibly can.

Time spent in the classroom learning the latest academics in firearms defense, and tons of time at the range in many different scenarios made for one very full weekend with over 24 hours of training time!

We take firearms very seriously and want to keep our skills at the highest level we can for the most effective protection of ourselves and loved ones, but also to be able to be modifying our own pistol curriculum although it is focused more toward the novice shooter at this point.

One of the things we teach in our Situational Awareness class is how much the “stress response” plays into how one reacts in a critical defensive incident. Fortress Defense believes strongly in this, and they make it happen in training! We need to do this in training to condition our mind and body to deal with it and having guys who regularly train law enforcement scream, “MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!!” in our ears up clo...

To read the rest and see photos go here: Training Hard to Bring You Our Best | Pretty Loaded

Beth Warford baby 1.jpg

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    They are.

The state is growing at about a 4% rate with the oil boom, but crime is also skyrocketing with that growth.

You have lots of transient labor sitting in camps with nothing to do but drink. With that comes prostitution and drugs follow that.

The local cops, who are used to dealing with an escaped cow or very minor crime, are now faced with arresting Mexican drug dealers and investigating car jackings, armed assaults, and rapes.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    An escaped cow can be pretty dangerous if you don't know how to deal with it. I would need a training class just to approach the cow.

Looks like a great class, Frank. I'm glad to see you're out there doing good work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They are.

The state is growing at about a 4% rate with the oil boom, but crime is also skyrocketing with that growth.

You have lots of transient labor sitting in camps with nothing to do but drink. With that comes prostitution and drugs follow that.

The local cops, who are used to dealing with an escaped cow or very minor crime, are now faced with arresting Mexican drug dealers and investigating car jackings, armed assaults, and rapes.

That's an inevitable symptom of "civilization." Hopefully strong proactive actions by the locals will prevent things from getting out of hand.

At least you eat well when you are there!

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    That's an inevitable symptom of "civilization." Hopefully strong proactive actions by the locals will prevent things from getting out of hand.

At least you eat well when you are there!

Yeah on both counts.

We were fed like kings...which makes it all the more of a let down when you end up at an Applebee's on the ride home. lol

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    ...and I forgot to mention, the Applebee's had a "no guns/knives" sign, which we soundly ignored. As do they, since they GIVE YOU A KNIFE when you sit down.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ...and I forgot to mention, the Applebee's had a "no guns/knives" sign, which we soundly ignored. As do they, since they GIVE YOU A KNIFE when you sit down.

Not a very good one, though.

I have now dedicated my Zero Tolerance ZT0200 as my steak knife when I eat in a restaurant, by the way. Reactions from servers has been positive, with some asking where they can get one too.

Top Bottom