Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    [FONT=&amp]Rangemaster Three-Day Firearms Instructor[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Development & Certification Course[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Nappanee, Indiana[/FONT]
    Sept 11-13, 2015, Friday – Sunday
    This is an intensive full three day (24 hours total) course that teaches candidates:
    modern adult learning theory;
    preparation, delivery, and documentation of training;
    development of training aids, including power points and others;
    coaching methodologies, diagnosing and correcting shooters’ errors;
    modern, effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress;
    proper handling/operation of a variety of handgun types; and
    effective, efficient combat marksmanship techniques.

The course time is divided about equally between classroom sessions and range firing, and each student will fire approximately 1,000 rounds of ammunition. Students will act as coaches for other students, and each will be coached extensively in turn. Students also receive a 200+ page training manual, which is a valuable information and reference resource. To graduate from this course, students must pass a shooting qualification and pass a written examination. This course satisfies the training requirements for the Tennessee Department of Safety to become a State Certified Handgun Instructor, the Oklahoma CLEET requirements to become an OK SDA Instructor, and for a state firearms instructor license in South Carolina by SLED.

For this course, students will need:
    A serviceable sidearm, revolver or semiauto, of at least .38 Special or 9X19mm caliber ( .38 Special, 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, .45 Auto);
    A serviceable uniform duty or concealed carry holster, worn on the belt, of leather or kydex construction, with a covered trigger guard (AIWB OK);
    At least three magazines or speedloaders (more is better);
    1,000 rounds of good quality ammunition for the sidearm.
    This is not a beginner’s class. The goal is to be able to effectively teach others how to successfully defend themselves and their families with handguns.

Advance registration is required. To register, see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/firearms-instructor-development-course-nappanee-in-tickets-13501993827 .

This course will be conducted at the Nappanee Conservation Club, a modern range with an air conditioned classroom. The primary instructors will be Tom and Lynn Givens, assisted by two other Rangemaster certified instructors. Everyone will get a good deal of individual attention and coaching.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wow. signing up for a course to be held next year? Damn. Y'all are dedicated. :):

Seriously though, I hope to attend one of these in a couple of years. I benefited in my skydiving days by getting certified as an instructor, and this looks beneficial as well. Maybe next year.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looking forward to this course.

Even if you're not currently an instructor, consider taking this class. Most of us take friends or family to the range, being better equipped to teach when you're there is always helpful. It will also help your skills to learn to teach it to someone else.

Tinman....

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I highly recommend this course. Tom and Lynn are terrific instructors and outstanding people. I learned a lot from the course and so will you.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    We are less than a month out now. There are 5 spots left. If you are on the fence, time to jump in.

I recommend anyone who has not taken this course to sign up now. I had the pleasure of taking this same course from Tom some years ago, in Memphis, and not only did I learn a ton, I retained it and was able to incorporate it into my own routine (something that doesn't always happen when you take a less-engaging course). Tom Givens is a fantastic instructor and all-around good human being. Sign-up today!

Tom Givens

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    I'll be leaving Wednesday to begin the trek to this class. If you're on the fence, please register by Tuesday night, so I can have your materials ready. There are 2 spaces left.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Getting the gear lined up. USPSA state match Wednesday and Thursday in Sellersburg, and then in Nappanee Friday through Sunday. Should be a great week.

Top Bottom