Revere's Riders Garand Weekend in Boomfield & Bedford, IN (Nov 12-13)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Own a "U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M1"? Want to be able to detail strip it down to the individual parts and put it back together again with nothing "extra" left over? Want to learn how to sight in your rifle and then shoot CMP sanctioned John C. Garand Match with it out to 200 yards?

If so, Revere's Riders has an event designed just for owners of "U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M1" rifles (otherwise known as the M1 Garand): Upcoming Events – Garand Weekend (Bloomfield & Bedford, IN) – Revere's Riders

This is a unique offering that will immerse you in the history, maintenance, identification and use of the M1 Garand. The course will be taught over two days with the first day devoted to learning about the rifle and it's history including:

• examination of M1 Garand production and it's role in American history
    • guided tour of the operation of the M1 Garand including a teardown to the last detail and evaluation of wear and potential lifespan
    • identification of manufacture date of your rifle's components
    • proper cleaning and lubrication of your M1 Garand

Day one will be held at the Greene County 4H building in Bloomfield, IN.

Day two will be devoted to setting up the sights on your rifle and putting some lead downrange. You will need at least 100 rounds of M2 ball ammo (having extra on hand is never a bad idea). After getting your rifle setup, day two will include a CMP sanctioned John C. Garand Match. If you're not familiar with the John C. Garand Match, you can take a look at the Civilian Marksmanship Program's website or this YouTube video.

Day two will be held at The Bedford Contingent's range just off SR-37 north of Bedford, IN.

Participants will need to provide their own M1 Garand. Only 24 tickets will be available for this event, so reserve your spot ASAP. For full details and online tickets: Upcoming Events – Garand Weekend (Bloomfield & Bedford, IN) – Revere's Riders

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Will you guys be having this again in the spring by chance?

I would love to do this course, but the timing sucks for me from now until the end of the year.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Conducting another class like this will largely depend upon the success of this class.

Revere's Riders is an all volunteer organization. It takes a lot of time and effort to prepare for any of our events. If we find this particular class to be successful and that there is still a need / desire in the community for such a program, we'll certainly try to conduct another. If this event flops or we find there is no demand, then we'll channel our energy into another area.

So, if you cannot attend, but want to make sure there are more in the future, have all your friends and family sign up for this event. While at the event, have them inform the event director that they know of more people who couldn't attend this event, but are looking forward to another class in the future.

Plying the event director with lots of bacon is also highly encouraged.

That should do it.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Hey TJ - I'm interested but cannot attend on Nov 12th...my younger son will be competing in the national championship for marching band that day. If you have an event in spring it's more likely that I'd be able to attend.

Just wondering - I've installed a gas plug that allows my M1 to fire modern 30-06 ammo. Would it still be required for me to use M2 ball?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    First off, congratulations to your son for making it to the national championship!

Keep your eyes on the RR web site for any upcoming events. We're just now starting to populate next year's calendar.

I suspect all will be o.k. with your rifle and ammo. However, Huff is in charge of these events, and will have to address your rifle modifications. Given his reaction to the M30 (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-weekend-bloomfield-bedford-whos-going-2.html ... starting at post #18), I suggest you tread lightly.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    If you choose to shoot commercial ammo that is up to you. Some gas plugs have been thoroughly tested with science and have posted results that can be tested and confirmed (such as the garandgear volumized plug) and some do not (insert random adjustable plug). You are responsible for your stuff is and we trust you to be a semi rational actor.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    First off, congratulations to your son for making it to the national championship!

Keep your eyes on the RR web site for any upcoming events. We're just now starting to populate next year's calendar.

I suspect all will be o.k. with your rifle and ammo. However, Huff is in charge of these events, and will have to address your rifle modifications. Given his reaction to the M30 (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-weekend-bloomfield-bedford-whos-going-2.html ... starting at post #18), I suggest you tread lightly.

Thanks TJ. Incidentally I think I'd agree about the MiniG. :)

If you choose to shoot commercial ammo that is up to you. Some gas plugs have been thoroughly tested with science and have posted results that can be tested and confirmed (such as the garandgear volumized plug) and some do not (insert random adjustable plug). You are responsible for your stuff is and we trust you to be a semi rational actor.

Garandgear is the one I'm using, it's been flawless so far. Thanks very much for the response, hopefully I can attend this event next year.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    I can't make the 12th but am definitely interested in a future occurrence.

Streck,

Make sure to sign-up for the Revere's Riders newsletter; the form is in the footer of every Revere's Riders website page. If you click the IN box, you will receive email notification of all our upcoming Indiana events in the next 30 days. You can click on other states as well if you want to get notifications of events in states besides Indiana.

Hope to see you at a Revere's Riders event soon!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No AAR for this course????

Ia.

I agree. I would like to know details of how this event developed. I was/am working in Asia until the end of this month (yes, being away from home for Thanksgiving is not a pleasant thing) so I could not attend. However, I am interested in future events. I only have an M-1 carbine so I am watching to see developments, and to know if we little guys will be allowed play with the big boys.

Top Bottom